The 565th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 11.09.2023.
Russian troops’ attacks on the civilian infrastructure in Ukraine
The Russian army continues to ignore the laws and customs of war, using terrorist tactics and conducting attacks on both military and civilian targets.
Over the past day, more than 20 combat clashes have occurred. Additionally, during the night, the Russian Federation carried out another aerial strike using Iranian combat UAVs Shahed-136/131. Anti-aircraft defense systems successfully destroyed 12 Russian Shahed drones. In total, the Russian army launched 10 missile and 46 aviation strikes, along with 37 artillery barrages on the positions of Ukrainian troops and populated areas. Unfortunately, there are casualties and injuries among the civilian population as a result of Russian terrorist attacks. Private residential buildings and other civilian infrastructure have also suffered damage and destruction.
The operational situation in the east and south of Ukraine remains complex.
List of the Russian Federation’s attacks on the Ukrainian territory
Map provided by the War Mapper
- In the Volyn and Polissia directions, the operational situation remains unchanged.
- In the Siversk and Slobozhansk directions, the Russian army conducted an aerial strike in the Leonivka area of Chernihiv Oblast. Novovasylivka, Znob-Novhorodske, Starykove, Sadky in Sumy Oblast, as well as Hatyshche, Vovchansk, and Budarky in Kharkiv Oblast, were subjected to artillery and mortar shelling.
- In the Kupiansk direction, Ukrainian troops successfully hold back the Russian army in the Novoselivka area of Luhansk Oblast. The Russian army conducted aerial strikes near Synkivka and Ivanivka in Kharkiv Oblast. Dvorichne, Kovalivka, and Kyslivka in Kharkiv Oblast experienced artillery and mortar shelling.
- In the Lyman direction, aerial strikes targeted Nadia, Novoyehorivka, Dibrova, and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, as well as Spirne in Donetsk Oblast. Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast and Siverske, Verkhniokamianske, Spirne, and Berestove in Donetsk Oblast were affected by Russian artillery and mortar shelling.
- In the Bakhmut direction, the Armed Forces of Ukraine successfully held the Russian army in the Klishchiivka area of Donetsk Oblast. More than 10 populated areas, including Vasiukivka, Minkivka, Bohdanivka, Ivanivske, and Kurdiumivka in Donetsk Oblast, came under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Avdiivka direction, Ukrainian soldiers repelled Russian attacks in the areas of Keramika and Avdiivka in Donetsk Oblast. The Russian army conducted an aerial strike near Avdiivka. Keramika, Novokalynove, Stepove, Avdiivka, Karlivka, and Nevelske in Donetsk Oblast experienced artillery and mortar shelling.
- In the Marinka direction, Ukrainian troops repelled Russian attacks in the Marinka area throughout the day. Approximately 10 populated areas, including Krasnohorivka, Marinka, Heorhiivka, Illinka, Novomykhailivka, Katerynivka, and Yelyzavetivka in Donetsk Oblast, were subjected to Russian artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, the Russian army conducted aerial strikes near Prechystivka, Urozhaine, and Staromaiorske in Donetsk Oblast. Approximately 10 populated areas, including Vuhledar, Novoukrainka, Prechystivka, Staromaiorske, and Shevchenko in Donetsk Oblast, were affected by Russian artillery and mortar shelling.
- In the Zaporizhzhia direction, Ukrainian troops repelled Russian attacks in the Novodanylivka and Robotyne areas of Zaporizhzhia Oblast. The Russian army conducted aerial strikes on Malynivka, Mala Tokmachka, and Robotyne in Zaporizhzhia Oblast. Novodarivka in Zaporizhzhia Oblast, Stepnohirsk in Zaporizhzhia Oblast, and Nikopol in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast were affected by artillery and mortar shelling by the Russian army.
- In the Kherson direction, Russian troops shelled Beryslav, Tomaryne, Antonivka, Kherson, and Veletenske in Kherson Oblast with artillery and mortars.
The Ukrainian troops’ strikes on Russian equipment
At the same time, the Ukrainian Armed Forces continue their offensive operation in the Melitopol direction, launching assault actions in the Bakhmut direction, destroying the Russian army, and gradually liberating the occupied territories.
During the day, the aviation of the Armed Forces conducted 7 strikes on areas where Russian personnel and military equipment were concentrated.
Units of the missile troops have successfully targeted and neutralized 5 artillery pieces belonging to the Russian army.