The 267th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 17.11.2022.
During the day, the Russian army carried out 5 air strikes and 25 missile strikes, carried out more than 10 attacks from rocket salvo systems.
During the day, Russian troops, violating the norms of International Humanitarian Law, the laws and customs of warfare, launched rocket attacks on civilian infrastructure objects in the settlements of Dnipro and Odesa, Balakliya in the Kharkiv oblast, Vilniansk in the Zaporizhia oblast, Nikopol in the Dnipropetrovsk oblast, and Ochakiv in the Mykolaiv oblast.
According to detailed information, this day the Defense Forces of Ukraine shot down 2 cruise missiles, 2 guided air missiles and 5 Shahed-136 UAVs in different directions.
The situation in the Volyn and Polissya directions has not changed significantly.
Russian soldiers shelled in other such directions:
- in the Slobozhansky direction – from tanks and the entire range of artillery, in the areas of the settlements of Ambarne, Hlyboke, Dvorichna, Zemlianka, Kolodyazne, Krasne, Kupyansk, Staritsa, Strilecha and Figolivka of the Kharkiv region;
- in the Kupyansk and Lyman directions – from artillery of various calibers, in the areas of Berestove, Kislivka, Kotlyarivka, Krokhmalne, Pishchane and Tabaivka settlements of the Kharkiv oblast; Grekivka, Novoselivske, Ploshanka and Stelmakhivka in the Luhansk oblast and Kolodyaz and Torske in the Donetsk oblast;
- in the Bakhmut direction – from mortars, barrel and jet artillery, in the areas of Andriivka, Bakhmut, Bakhmutske, Bilohorivka, Verkhnyokamianske, Zelenopillia, Klishchiivka, Opytne, Rozdolivka, Soledar and Yakovlivka settlements in Donetsk oblast;
- in the Avdiivka direction – from artillery of various calibers, in the areas of Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, Nevelske, New York (Donetsk region) and Pervomayske settlements of the Donetsk oblast;
- in the Novopavlivsk direction – from mortars, barrel and rocket artillery, in the areas of Bohoyavlenka, Velyka Novosilka, Vremivka, Vuhledar and Prechystivka settlements of the Donetsk oblast;
- in the Zaporizhzhia direction – from the entire spectrum of artillery, in the areas of the settlements of Hulyaipilske, Hulyaipole, Dorozhnyanka, Zaliznychne, Novoandriivka, Novomykolaivka, Olhivske and Pavlivka of the Zaporizhia oblast and Illinka and Chervonohryhorivka of the Dnipropetrovsk oblast;
- in the Kryvy Riz direction – from mortars, barrel and rocket artillery, in the areas of Kachkarivka, Mykhailivka and Osokorivka of the Kherson oblast.
In the Kherson direction, the areas of Antonivka, Zelenivka, Mykolaivka, Kherson and Chornobayivka settlements of the Kherson region were hit by artillery fire.
All maps provided by War Mapper
A draft law is being prepared in the Russian Federation, which provides for the legalization of conscription for military service from the spring of 2023 for citizens of Ukraine who live in temporarily sized and occupied territories and have received a passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation.
According to the available information, about 650 prisoners were recruited in the correctional facilities of the Russian Federation during the previous week. They were sent to the Rostov region for further training. Medical assistance for the specified category of persons, in case of injury, will be provided exclusively in medical facilities in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine.
In some settlements of the temporarily occupied territory of the Luhansk oblast, the Russian army intensified administrative and police measures. In particular, entrances to the village of Rubizhne from the directions of Kreminnaya and Varvarivka are closed. The movement of civilians in the city is restricted and filtering measures have been strengthened.
In Mariupol, Russian authorities plan to deploy units of the Russian guard, special purpose and rapid response, with a total number of up to 400 people.
Russian forces continue the forced evacuation of the population of Ukraine and the removal of property from the temporarily occupied territories of the Kherson oblast. In particular, on the night of November 16, Russian military forcibly removed the population from Novokyivka. In addition, the central city hospital in Nova Kakhovka ceased to function because all medical equipment and ambulances were stolen and taken away in the direction of the temporarily occupied territory of the Crimean Autonomous Republic.
During the current day, units of the missile forces and artillery of the Defense Forces of Ukraine hit 3 control points, 17 areas of concentration of manpower, weapons and military equipment, 5 ammunition warehouses and 3 other important Russian objects.