The 373rd day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 03.03.2023.
The threat of Russian missile attacks remains high across Ukraine.
The Russian army is concentrating main efforts on offensive operations on Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka and Shakhtarsk direcrions. Ukrainian troops repelled more than 150x Russian attacks.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna and Slobozhanshchyna direcrions: the operational situation has not changed significantly, and no offensive groups of the Russian army have been detected. During the past day, Russian military shelled the settlements of Medvedivka (Chernihiv oblast); Sobky, Bachivsk, Ulanov, Kucherivka, Bilokopytove, Starykove, Khodyne, Ryzhivka, Atynske, Pavlivka, and Ryasne (Sumy oblast); and the vicinities of about 10x settlements in Kharkiv oblast, including Strilecha, Starytsia, Vovchansk, Budarki, and Ambarne.
- Kupyansk and Lyman direcrions: the Russian army attempted unsuccessful offensives in the vicinities of Kreminna and Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast); and Spirne and Vesele (Donetsk oblast). The vicinities of Dvorichna, Kupyansk, and Krokhmalne (Kharkiv oblast); Makiivka, Nevske, Kreminna, Dibrova, Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast); and Kolodyazi, Siversk, Rozdolivka (Donetsk oblast) were subjects to artillery fire.
- Bakhmut direction: the Russian army does not cease attempts to encircle the city of Bakhmut. Ukrainian soldiers repelled numerous attacks in the areas of Vasyukivka, Dubovo-Vasylivka, Bohdanivka, Bakhmut and Ivanivske settlements (Donetsk oblast). Fedorivka, Vasyukivka, Zaliznyanske, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Dubovo-Vasylivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Stupochki, Predtechine, Klishchiivka, Kurdyumivka, Ozaryanivka, Diliivka, Toretsk, Mayorsk, and Siverne suffered Russian artillery attacks.
- The Russian army unsuccessfully attacked Ukrainian positions near Novokalynove, Krasnohorivka, Kamianka, Avdiivka, Severne, Vodyane, Nevelske, Marinka, and Pobyeda on Avdiivka and Shakhtarsk directions. Russian forces conducted artillery and mortar shelling of almost 30x settlements, including Vesele, Berdychi, Avdivka, Pobyeda, Novomykhailivka, Vodyane, Vugledar, Bogoyavlenka, and Velyka Novosilka (Donetsk oblast).
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson direcrions: the Russian army stays on the defensive. In some areas, Russian soldiers are trying to improve tactical position, create conditions to continue the offensive. Russians carried out artillery shelling of the districts of more than 25x settlements, in particular, Vremivka, Novosilka, Zeleny Poly in the Donetsk oblast and Hulyaipol, Zaliznychny, Hulyaipilsky, Charivny and Kamiansky in Zaporizhzhia oblast; Ochakov in the Mykolayiv oblast; and Beryslav, Tomariny, Kozatskyi, Bilozerka, Dniprovskyi and Kherson. The attacks caused casualties among civilian population.
In Simferopol of the temporarily occupied Republic of Crimea, Russian occupation authorities, fearing the activation of the pro-Ukrainian movement and the actions of patriotic groups, are creating so-called “voluntary units”. It is known that due to the war in Ukraine, there is a certain shortage of law enforcement officers, therefore, in addition to patrolling the city, one of the tasks of the mentioned units should be the detection of troublemakers and saboteurs.
Continuing the armed aggression, the Russian army suffers daily significant losses in manpower. Previously, we reported on overcrowded medical facilities in temporarily occupied settlements in the Donetsk Oblast. The trend has not disappeared – recently one of the hospitals in the city of Horlivka received an instruction to increase the number of beds for receiving wounded Russian servicemen.
Ukrainian Air Force conducted 14x air strikes on concentrations of Russian troops and military equipment and 2x air strikes on Russian anti-aircraft missile systems at firing positions. Moreover, Ukrainian defenders shot down 1x Russian Su-34 aircraft and 8x reconnaissance and attack UAVs of various types.
Ukrainian missile and artillery troops attacked 1x command post, 3x Russian concentration areas, 1x ammunition depot, 2x fuel and lubricants warehouses, and 1x Electronic Warfare system.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: 3 civilians killed by Russian troops were found in the Kyiv region