The 337th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 26.01.2023.
The Russian army does not abandon his intentions to destroy the critical infrastructure of Ukraine, strikes at civilian objects and homes of the civilian population.
The threat of air and missile strikes throughout the territory of Ukraine remains.
During this day, Russian military carried out 37x air strikes. 17 of them – with the use of Shahed-136 UAVs. All these drones were shot down.
In addition, Russian troops launched 59x missiles, 47x of which were destroyed. Unfortunately, there are hits on civilian objects, there are casualties among civilians. Moreover, Russian soldiers launched 53x attacks from MLRS.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Bakhmut and Novopavlivka axes: in order to achieve the previously stated goals, despite significant losses, the Russian army continues its offensive.
- Lyman and Avdiivka axes: Russian soldiers conducted unsuccessful actions with the aim of improving the tactical position. In the rest of the axiss, it is defensive.
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna axes: no changes were made, and no offensive groups of the Russian army were detected. Joint training of the aviation component of the Oblastal grouping of the armed forces of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus continues. At the same time, areas of Tymonovychi settlements of Chernihiv Oblast were shelled by mortars and artillery; Pavlivka and Timofiivka – Sumy, as well as Strelecha, Ternova, Staritsa, Vovchanski Khutory, Kolodyazne and Novomlynsk in Kharkiv Oblast.
- Kupyansk axis, Russian military shelled the areas of Dvorichne, Orlyanka, Pishchane, Berestov and Lozova settlements of the Kharkiv Oblast; Stelmakhivka – Luhansk, as well as Ivanivka in Donetsk Oblast.
- Lyman axis, Makiyivka, Nevske, Chervonpopivka, Dibrova and Kuzmine in the Luhansk Oblast, as well as Yampolivka in the Donetsk Oblast, came under fire from tanks and artillery.
- Bakhmut axis: in particular, Spirne, Bilogorivka, Krasna Gora, Bakhmut, Klishchiivka, Bila Gora, Severnye and New York in Donetsk Oblast were hit by fire.
- Avdiivka axis: Avdiivka, Vodyane, Georgiivka and Maryinka were shelled.
- Novopavlivka axis: Vugledar, Velyka Novosilka and Vremivka of the Donetsk Oblast were affected by fire.
- Zaporizhzhia axis: more than 20 settlements were affected by artillery fire, in particular, Novopil in Donnechyna, as well as Chervone, Gulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Mala Tokmachka, Novodanilivka, Orihiv, and Stepove in the Zaporizhzhia Oblast.
- Kherson axis: Russian troops again shelled the suburbs and Kherson itself with artillery. Counter-intelligence measures are ongoing in some temporarily captured settlements of the Kherson Oblast. Russian soldiers are actively looking for Ukrainian patriots. In the building of the former Gornostaivsky Regional Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in the Kherson Oblast, Russian troops set up a torture chamber. Some can get into it simply because of a speculated suspicion of cooperation with the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
In the temporarily occupied Ukrainian Simferopol, all budget institutions, under the pretext of reform, received an instruction to reduce staff by 10 percent. It is also known that lists of persons subject to “optimization” must be drawn up by February 1 of this year.
During the day, the Air Force of the Defense Forces carried out 8x strikes on areas where Russian personnel, weapons and military equipment were concentrated, as well as a strike on the position of Russian anti-aircraft missile complex. In addition, during the day, Ukrainian defenders shot down 3x reconnaissance UAVs of Russian troops.
Units of missile and artillery of the Defense Forces of Ukraine hit 3x control points, Russian manpower concentration area, the artillery concentration area, and 2x other important military objects of the Russian army during the day.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Russian troops shelled Ukraine’s capital, there are civilian casualties: photos