The 369th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 27.02.2023.
The Russian Federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine. Russian main efforts are focused on the offensive operations on Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Shakhtarske directions. The number of Russian personnel is increasing. According to the available information, up to 200x conscripts from Rostov oblast (Russia) have been redeployed to the temporarily occupied territory of Luhansk oblast.
During the day of February 27, the Russian army launched 8x missile and 28x air strikes, 12x of them employed Iranian Shahed-136 combat UAVs. Russian troops launched more than 55x MLRS attacks.
The threat of missile strikes across Ukraine remains high.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna directions: no significant changes, no formation of offensive groups was found. The Russian army is carrying out engineering development, including anti-tank ditches, of the border areas of Bryansk and Kursk oblasts (Russia). During the day of February 27, Russian military fired mortars and artillery at the settlements of Khrinivka, Yeline (Chernihiv oblast), Budivelne, Hirky, Atynske, Volfyne, Pavlivka, Stepok (Sumy oblast), Veterynarne, Strilecha, Hatyshche, Vovchanski Khutory, Kamyanka (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: the Russian army conducted several unsuccessful offensives. In particular, the attempts were made towards the settlements of Stelmakhivka, Nevske, Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast), Spirne, and Vyimka (Donetsk oblast).Russian military shelled the vicinities of settlements of Dvorichna, Hryanykivka, Kurylivka, Kyslivka, Tabaivka (Kharkiv oblast), Nevske, Chervonopopivka, Dibrova (Luhansk oblast), and Rozdolivka (Donetsk oblast) with artillery.
- Bakhmut direction: the following settlements came under fire: Zaliznyanske, Dubovo-Vasylivka, Berkhivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Stupochky, Klishchiivka, and Ozaryanivka (Donetsk oblast).
- Avdiivka and Shakhtarske directions: the Russian army continues to attack the positions of Ukrainian troops, launched several unsuccessful attacks towards Kamyanka, Krasnohorivka, and Marinka (Donetsk oblast). Russian soldiers fired artillery and mortars at the vicinities of settlements of Avdiivka, Netaylove, Vodyane, Pervomaiske, Marinka, Bohoyavlenka, Novomykhailivka, Velyka Novosilka, Neskuchne, and Vuhledar.
- Zaporizhzhia direction: Russian troops shelled the vicinities of 17x settlements. Among them are Vremivka, Novopil (Donetsk oblast), Olhivske, Hulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Charivne, Orikhiv, Mala Tokmachka, and Bilohirya (Zaporizhzhia oblast). The Russian army is active in aerial reconnaissance to spot for artillery fire, and has deployed 1x Zoopark-1 radar system in the vicinity of settlement of Stepove to determine the positions of Ukrainian artillery.
- Kherson direction: Russian artillery fire hit more than 20x settlements of Kherson oblast located on the right bank of the Dnipro River. In particular, Berehove, Beryslav, Vesele, Tyahynka, Antonivka, and the city of Kherson.
The Russian army continues to suffer losses. Therefore, it actively uses the local infrastructure in the temporarily occupied territories to provide medical care to its servicemen. For example, a military hospital has been set up using the facilities of a local hospital in the settlement of Kalanchak. About 150x wounded soldiers of the Russian armed forces have already been brought there. According to the available information, the medical staff are exclusively Russians.
The Russian army continues to act in a way to discredit the Ukrainian Defense Forces and intimidate residents of the temporarily occupied part of Kherson oblast. Yet again, Russian soldiers fired mortars at residential neighbourhoods of Oleshky and accused the Ukrainian Armed Forces of the shelling.
The Ukrainian Air Force launched 4x air strikes on the concentrations of Russian personnel and military equipment. During the day of February 27, Ukrainian soldiers also destroyed 9x out of 12x Iranian Shahed-136 and 1x Zala combat UAVs.
Missile and artillery units hit 1x command post, 1x concentration of the Russian army, and 1x air defense position.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: 9 Russian kamikaze drones were shot down in the airspace around Kyiv