The 362nd day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 20.02.2023.
During the day of February 20, the Russian army launched 3x missile and 22x air strikes. Russian troops launched more than 30x MLRS attacks.
The threat of further Russian air and missile strikes across Ukraine remains high.
Russian main focus continues to be the offensive operations on Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Shakhtarske directions.
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna disrections: no signs of the formation of Russian offensive groups were found. During the day of February 20, the vicinities of settlements of Karpovychi, Tymonovychi, Yanzhulivka (Chernihiv oblast), Bunyakyne, Atynske, Stukalivka, Iskryskivshchyna, Zapsillya, Pokrovka, and Mais’ke (Sumy oblast), as well as the vicinities of more than 20x settlements in Kharkiv oblast came under Russian fire. Among them are Veterynarne, Hlyboke, Morokhovets, Vovchansk, Okhrimivka, Budarky, Bolohivka, Kamyanka, Topoli, and Zapadne.
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: the Russian army shelled the settlements of Dvorichna, Pishchane, Krokhmalne, Pershotravneve (Kharkiv oblast), Stelmakhivka, Ploshchanka, Nevske, Chervonopopivka, Dibrova (Luhansk oblast), and Spirne (Donetsk oblast).
- Bakhmut direction: vicinities of more than 15x settlements came under fire, including Rozdolivka, Vasyukivka, Zaliznyanske, Dubovo-Vasylivka, Bakhmut, Klishchiivka, Stupochky, Druzhba, Pivnichne, and Zalizne (Donetsk oblast).
- Avdiivka and Shakhtarske directions: the Russian army fired artillery at more than 20x settlements. In particular, these are Novobakhmutivka, Avdiivka, Vodyane, Pervomaiske, Vesele, Bohoyavlenka, Novoukrainka, Prechystivka, Shakhtars’ke, and Neskuchne (Donetsk oblast). The Russian army also launched air strikes in the vicinity of Oleksandropil, Avdiivka, Marinka, and Vuhledar.
- Zaporizhzhia direction: the vicinities of 23x settlements were hit, including Novopil (Donetsk oblast), Olgivske, Bilohirya, Mala Tokmachka, Pavlivka, Novoivanivka, Kamyanske, Zaporizhzhia, Vyshchetarasivka, and Illinka (Zaporizhzhia oblast). Russian air strikes were reported near Novopil (Donetsk oblast), Malynivka, and Mala Tokmachka (Zaporizhzhia oblast).
- Kherson direction: Kherson and the vicinities of more than 30x settlements were hit by Russian artillery fire. Among them are Zmiivka, Beryslav, Vesele, Burhunka, Ivanivka, Inzhenerne, Kherson, Bilozerka, Dniprovske, Berehove, and Veletenske (Kherson oblast).
On February 19, Russian soldiers shelled the town of Hola Prystan (Kherson oblast) with artillery, with the aim to accuse and discredit the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Also, in order to instil a negative attitude towards the Ukrainian Defense Forces, Russian troops continue to shell civilian targets in certain settlements of Kakhovka and Hola Prystan districts (Kherson oblast).
The Russian army continues to force Russian passports on Ukrainian citizens in the temporarily occupied territories of Kherson oblast. In particular, the so-called authorities put in office by Russian forces in Skadovsk and Kalanchak are forcing to speed up the process of obtaining Russian passports and re-registering businesses’ movable and immovable property under Russian law. This is done under threats of confiscation of personal property. Pensioners having no Russian passport are threatened with being deprived of their pension payments. This caused social tensions among local residents, who fear losing their property and businesses.
During the day of February 20, the Ukrainian Air Force launched 16x air strikes on the concentrations of Russian personnel and military equipment and 1x air strike on Russian anti-aircraft missile system at its firing position.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Ukrainian troops destroyed 40 Russian soldiers and repelled 7 attacks in the Bakhmut direction