The 359th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 17.02.2023.
During the day, the Russian army launched 6x rocket attacks on the civilian infrastructure of Kupyansk, in the Kharkiv Oblast. Three private and one multi-story buildings were damaged. In addition, Russian troops carried out a total of 10x airstrikes and conducted more than 10 attacks from MLRS.
The threat of further Russian missile strikes remains very high throughout Ukraine.
The Russian army is concentrating its main efforts on conducting offensive operations in the Kupyansk, Lymansk, Bakhmut, Avdiivka and Shakhtarsk directions. Suffers significant losses in manpower.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna directions: the Russian army continues to hold certain units in the areas bordering Ukraine, but no offensive groups have been detected. The training of units of Russian troops continues at the training grounds of the Republic of Belarus. The Russian army does not stop mortar and artillery shelling of the positions of Ukrainian units, as well as settlements along the state border of Ukraine. During the day, areas of Kolos settlements of Chernihiv Oblast were subjected to Russian shelling; Mefedivka, Bachivsk, Kharkivka, Zarutske, Partyzanske, Boyaro-Lezhachi, Atynske, Oleksiivka, and Grabovske in the Sumy Oblast, as well as Veterynarne, Strilecha, Vesele, Borysivka, Gatyshche, Vovchansk, Tykh, Okhrymivka, Nesterne, and Obukhivka in the Kharkiv Oblast.
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: Russian soldiers shelled the settlements of Hryanikyvka, Kucherivka, Krokhmalne, and Berestove in the Kharkiv Oblast; Novoselivske, Nevske, Dibrova and Bilogorivka in the Luhansk Oblast and Fedorivka and Rozdolivka in the Donetsk Oblast. Carried out airstrikes near Krokhmalne, Berestove, Stelmakhivka, Dibrova, Serebryanske Forestry, Bilogorivka, and Spirne.
- Bakhmut direction: more than 15x districts of settlements, in particular, Vesele, Vasyukivka, Zaliznyanske, Dubovo-Vasylivka, Berkhivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Klishchiivka, Kurdyumivka, New York of the Donetsk Oblast, were shelled. The Russian army also carried out an airstrike in the Berkhivka District.
- Avdiivka and Shakhtarsk directions: 17x districts of settlements were affected by the fire, among them Avdiivka, Vodyane, Vesele, Nevelske, Georgiivka, Marinka, Bogoyavlenka, Velyka Novosilka, Zolota Nyva, Vugledar and Neskuchne of the Donetsk Oblast.
- Zaporizhzhia direction: the areas of 20x settlements, including Malynivka, Gulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Biloghirya, Mala Tokmachka, Novodanylivka, Orihiv, Novoandriivka, Mali Shcherbaki, and Kamyanske of the Zaporizhzhia Oblast, were affected by fire. The districts of Mala Tokmachka and Novodanylivka were hit by Russian airstrikes.
- Kherson direction: the suburbs and the city of Kherson, as well as the districts of more than 25x settlements, in particular, Havrylivka, Dudchany, Beryslav, Vesele, Kozatske, Ivanivka, Inzhenerne, Dniprovske, Berehove, and Veletenske of the Kherson Oblast, were affected by Russian artillery fire.
The Russian army continues to suffer losses. Thus, in the village of Kalanchak, Kherson Oblast, Russian military converted the Central District Hospital into a military hospital and brought 36 dead and 18 wounded servicemen of the armed forces of the Russian Federation.
During the day, the aviation of the Defense Forces of Ukraine carried out 5x strikes on the areas of concentration of personnel and military equipment of Russian soldiers, as well as 1x – on the position of the anti-aircraft missile complex.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Russian military shelled Bakhmut, 5 civilians were killed, and 9 injured: photos