The 358th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 16.02.2023.
During the day of February 16, the Russian army launched another missile attack on the territory of Ukraine. 16x out of 36x Russian missiles were shot down by Ukrainian Air Force. In addition, Russian military launched 12x air strikes and more than 10x MLRS attacks, killing and wounding civilians.
The threat of strikes by the Russian Federation across Ukraine remains high.
The Russian army has not yet abandoned its aggressive plans, despite significant losses. Russian main focus is the offensive operations on Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Shakhtarske directions.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn,Polissya, Sivershchyna and Slobozhanshchyna directions: certain Russian units remain stationed in the areas bordering Ukraine, but no offensive groups have been found. During the day of February 16, the vicinities of settlements of Popivka, Bachivsk, Partyzanske (Sumy oblast), Veterynarne, Hraniv, and Vovchansk (Kharkiv oblast) were shelled by the Russian army. In addition, Russian troops launched a helicopter gunship attack on the settlement of Udy (Kharkiv oblast) from the territory of the Russian Federation.
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: the Russian army shelled the settlements of Dvorichna, Hryanykivka (Kharkiv oblast), Stelmakhivka, Nevske, Chervonopopivka (Luhansk oblast), and Berestove (Donetsk oblast).
- Bakhmut direction: Spirne, Vyimka, Bilohorivka, Vesele, Rozdolivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Stupochky, Predtechyne, Oleksandro-Shultyne, and Kurdyumivka came under fire.
- Avdiivka and Shakhtarske directions: the Russian army fired artillery at the settlements of Vesele, Avdiivka, Vodyane, Pervomaiske, Nevelske, Krasnohorivka, Heorhiivka, Marinka, Novomykhailivka, Vuhledar, Prechystivka, Velyka Novosilka, Vremivka, and Neskuchne (Donetsk oblast).
- Zaporizhzhia direction: the vicinities of settlements of Zelene Pole (Donetsk oblast), Malynivka, Hulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Mala Tokmachka, Orikhiv, Novoandriivka, and Kamyanske (Zaporizhzhia oblast) came under fire.
- Kherson direction: Zmiivka, Tokarivka, Antonivka, and Kherson were again hit by Russian artillery fire that caused civilian casualties.
The Russian administration of the city of Hola Prystan (Kherson oblast) is pressuring the local residents to re-register their property rights under Russian law. In particular, information is being spread that Ukrainian citizens who do not comply with Russian demands by May 2023 will be deported to Russia.
In Mariupol, temporarily occupied by the Russian army, Russian soldiers are taking measures to “mobilize” certain members of society. From now on, homeless people, as well as alcohol or drug addicts are being taken to the Russian army.
During the day of February 16, the Ukrainian Air Force launched 13x air strikes on concentrations of Russian troops, as well as 1x air strike on the position of the anti-aircraft missile system.
Ukrainian missile and artillery units hit 3x concentrations of Russian troops, 1x artillery unit at its firing position, 1x ammunition depot, and 2x other important targets of Russian military.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Russian shell hit a house in the Kherson region: a couple was killed