Ukrainian fighters from the OUN volunteer battalion were coming under fire from Russian-backed separatists night and day on June 6-7. The volunteers said the separatists were using mortars, but they were able to respond only with small arms fire. The fighting, near Pisky in eastern Ukraine, was the latest incident captured on film by RFE/RL of the cease-fire agreed in February being violated.
- Remembrance Day of the Holodomor (Famine Genocide) 1932-33 years Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 10:55 (EET)
- Ukrainian “Foreign legion”: foreign volunteers and their reasons to fight in Donbas on Ukrainian side 31 May, 2018 - 22:44 (EET)
- Anniversary of the Budapest Memorandum: how Ukraine lost nuclear weapons 5 December, 2017 - 11:19 (EET)
- U.S. soldier who fought in Ukraine alongside Russian militants discharged from Army 31 May, 2017 - 19:42 (EET)
- Nobody will fight for Crimea; sanctions seen as best option – NATO Parliamentary Assembly speaker 30 May, 2017 - 15:41 (EET)