The 563rd day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 09.09.2023.
Russian troops’ attacks on the civilian infrastructure in Ukraine
During the day, there were 26 military clashes. The Russian army launched 2 missile strikes and 29 airstrikes, as well as carried out 14 artillery barrages with rocket systems on the positions of Ukrainian troops and populated areas.
List of the Russian Federation’s attacks on the Ukrainian territory
Map provided by the War Mapper
- In the Volyn and Polissia directions, the operational situation remains relatively unchanged.
- In the Siversk and Slobozhansk directions, the Russian army conducted airstrikes in the areas of Ambarne and Budarky in the Kharkiv region. More than 20 populated areas, including Karpovychi and Leonivka in the Chernihiv region, Novomykolaivka, Myropilske, Turia in the Sumy region, Huriiv Kozachok, Budarky, and Starytsia in the Kharkiv region, were subjected to artillery and mortar shelling. The operational situation in eastern and southern Ukraine remains challenging.
- In the Kupyansk direction, the Russian army conducted airstrikes near Synkivka and Kyslivka in the Kharkiv region, as well as Novoselivka in the Luhansk region. Kyslivka and Kucherivka in the Kharkiv region were subjected to artillery and mortar shelling.
- In the Lyman direction, Ukrainian troops repelled Russian attacks in the area of Berestove. Airstrikes were carried out on Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region, Spirne, and Vesele in the Donetsk region. More than 20 populated areas, including Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region and Torske, Dibrova, Verkhniokamianske, Spirne, and Berestove in the Donetsk region, were affected by artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Bakhmut direction, Ukrainian soldiers successfully held back the Russian army in the areas of Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Bohdanivka, and Klishchiivka. Klishchiivka and Andriivka in the Donetsk region were hit by Russian airstrikes. Over 20 populated areas, including Chasiv Yar, Klishchiivka, Bila Hora, Kurdiumivka, and New York in the Donetsk region, were under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Avdiivka direction, more than 10 populated areas, including Keramik, Stepove, Avdiivka, Severne, and Pervomaiske in the Donetsk region, were subjected to artillery and mortar shelling.
- In the Marinka direction, Ukrainian soldiers repelled 8 Russian attacks in the Marinka area during the day. The Russian army conducted an airstrike near Krasnohorivka. Approximately 15 populated areas, including Krasnohorivka, Marinka, Pobeda, and Novomykhailivka in the Donetsk region, were affected by artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, Russian military conducted airstrikes near Prechystivka and Zolota Nyva in the Donetsk region. Around 10 populated areas, including Vodyane, Prechystivka, Zolota Nyva, Mala Tokmachka, Novodanylivka, Pyatyhatky, Robotyne, and Kamianske in the Zaporizhzhia region, were under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Zaporizhzhia direction, the Russian army carried out an airstrike in the area of Robotyne in the Zaporizhzhia region. More than 20 populated areas, including Olhivske, Huliaypole, Huliaypilske, Mala Tokmachka, Novodanylivka, Pyatyhatky, Robotyne, and Kamianske in the Zaporizhzhia region, were affected by artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Kherson direction, Poniativka and Sadove in the Kherson region, as well as Dniprovske in the Mykolaiv region, were subjected to artillery and mortar shelling.
The Ukrainian troops’ strikes on Russian equipment
Meanwhile, the Ukrainian Armed Forces continue their offensive operation in the Melitopol direction and conduct offensive actions in the Bakhmut direction. They are achieving success in areas south of Robotyne and Klishchiivka, consolidating their positions, destroying the Russian army, and gradually liberating occupied territories.
During the day, the aviation of the Armed Forces of Ukraine conducted 8 strikes on the areas where Russian personnel, weapons, and military equipment were concentrated.
Units of the missile forces have successfully struck 5 artillery pieces and 1 Russian air defense missile system.