The 255th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 05.11.2022.
The Russian army is trying to keep the temporarily captured territories, concentrates efforts on restraining the actions of the Defense Forces of Ukraine in certain areas. Conducts offensive actions in the Bakhmut, Avdiivka and Novopavlivka directions.
Russia is shelling units of the Defense Forces of Ukraine along the contact line, carrying out border fortification equipment in separate directions and conducting aerial reconnaissance. It continues to strike critical infrastructure and civilian homes in violation of International Humanitarian Law, the laws and customs of war.
During the current day, Russian troops launched 4 missile and 5 air strikes, carried out more than 20 MLRS attacks.
Areas of more than 20 settlements of the Kharkiv, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia, Kherson and Mykolaiv oblasts were hit by Russian soldiers.
The situation in the Volyn and Polissya directions has not changed significantly. According to available information, the combat readiness check of units of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus has been extended until November 14 of this year. There remains the threat of air strikes, including the use of attack UAVs from the territory and airspace of the Republic of Belarus.
Russian military shelled in other directions:
- in the Slobozhanskyi direction – from mortars and barrel artillery, in the areas of Budarka, Hlyboke, Zolochiv, Krasne, Ohirtseve and Staritsa settlements of the Kharkiv oblast;
- in the Kupyansk and Lymansk directions – from tanks, mortars, barrel and jet artillery, in the areas of Dvorichna, Kislivka and Tabaivka settlements of the Kharkiv oblast; Makiivka, Nevske and Ploshanka in the Luhansk oblast and Torske and Yampolivka in the Donetsk oblast;
- in the Bakhmut direction – from tanks and artillery of various calibers, in the areas of Andriivka, Bakhmut, Bakhmutske, Zelenopilya, Klishchiivka, Mayorsk, Opytne, Soledar, Spirne and Yakovlivka settlements of the Donetsk region;
- in the Avdiivka region – from tanks and the entire range of artillery, in the areas of Avdiivka, Vodyane, Kamianka, Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, Nevelske and Pervomaiske settlements of the Donetsk oblast;
- in the Novopavlivskyi direction – from mortars, barrel and rocket artillery, in the areas of Bohoyavlenka, Velyka Novosilka, Vuhledar, Vremivka, Pavlivka, Novoukrayinka and Prechystivka settlements of the Donetsk oblast;
- in the Zaporizhzhia direction – from tanks and artillery of various types, in the areas of Hulyaipilske, Dorozhnyanka, Zaliznychne, Malynivka, Novodanilivka, Uspenivka, and Shcherbaky settlements of the Zaporizhzhia region.
More than 20 settlements near the contact line were shelled in the South Buh region. Among them are Biloghirka, Davydiv Brid and Pravdyne in the Kherson oblast and Zorya, Myrne and Shyroke in the Mykolaiv oblast.
As a result of the actions of the Defense Forces of Ukraine in the Kherson oblast, the area of concentration of Russian forces in the settlement of Radensk was affected. The losses of the Russian army are specified.
During the current day, the aviation of the Defense Forces of Ukraine made 3 strikes on the areas of concentration of personnel and anti-aircraft defenses of the enemy. Air defense units shot down 1 Merlin UAV. According to updated information, 2 Ka-52 “Alligator” helicopters were destroyed in the previous day.
Units of missile forces and artillery of the Defense Forces of Ukraine were struck within a day 9 areas of concentration of manpower, weapons and military equipment and ammunition warehouse of Russian troops.