The 262nd day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 12.11.2022.
In the liberated settlements of the Kherson oblast, units of the Defense Forces of Ukraine are carrying out stabilization measures. Also, representatives of the oblast military administration returned to Kherson and began work there.
The Russian army is improving the fortification equipment of the defensive lines on the left bank of the Dnipro River. At the same time, it continues offensive operations in the Bakhmut, Avdiivka and Novopavlivka directions.
During the day, Russian troops carried out 14 airstrikes, carried out up to 10 attacks from rocket salvo systems. More than 15 settlements of Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk and Sumy oblasts were hit.
The situation in the Volyn and Polissya directions has not changed significantly. The Republic of Belarus will continue to support the armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine. The formation of the Russian-Belarusian grouping of troops on the territory of the Republic of Belarus continues. There remains the danger of missile and air strikes from the territory and airspace of this country.
Russian soldiers shelled in such other directions:
- in the Siverskyi direction – from mortars and barrel artillery, in the areas of Slavhorod and Romashkove settlements of the Sumy oblast;
- in the Slobozhansk direction – 23 artillery shellings of areas of populated areas, which are not far from the contact line, were recorded;
- in the Kupyansk and Lyman directions – from tanks and the entire variety of artillery, in the areas of the settlements of Berestovka, Makiivka, Ploshanka, Kislivka, Bilohorivka, Stelmakhivka, and Siversk;
- in the Bakhmut direction – from tanks, mortars, barrel and rocket artillery, in the areas of the settlements of Opytne, Bilohorivka and New York (Donetsk region);
- in the Avdiivka direction – from tanks and various caliber artillery, in Maryinka, Avdiivka, Novomykhailivka and Opytne districts;
- in the Novopavlivsk and Zaporizhzhia directions – from tanks and artillery of various types, in the areas of the settlements of Vremivka, Vuhledar, Shcherbaky, Stepove and Prechystivka.
In the South Buh direction, Russian troops, after blowing up the Antonivskyi road and railway bridges, the road through and the Kakhovka HPP dam and other previously mentioned bridge crossings, is carrying out engineering equipment of the positions on the left bank of the Dnipro River.
All maps provided by War Mapper
The Russian military-political leadership does not stop trying to integrate the temporarily occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions into the legal space of the Russian Federation. Thus, since November 11, the issuing of documents of self-proclaimed territorial entities, in particular regarding participation in hostilities, has been stopped in this territory. The Command of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the Southern Military District of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation has been given an order for the centralized transfer of monetary payments with personnel to financial institutions and to bank cards of the Russian Federation. Servicemen of these units were offered to continue their service on a contractual basis under Russian law. At the same time, these persons express fears about the annulment of documents and benefits assigned by the fake republics in case of refusal of the new contract.
In the temporarily captured territories of the Kherson region, the moral and psychological condition and discipline of Russian soldiers is deteriorating. A “dry law” was introduced in the village of Henichesk, and Russian authorities confiscated and removed alcoholic beverages from warehouses, shops, restaurants and other places of public catering.
According to detailed information, it has been confirmed that the Defense Forces of Ukraine hit the concentration area of Russian troops in the Luhansk oblast, in the area of the village of Hirske. After a high-precision strike, the loss of the Russian army amounted to 27 people killed and 18 wounded.
During the day, the aviation of the Defense Forces of Ukraine struck Russians 11 times. 8 areas of concentration of personnel, weapons and military equipment, as well as 3 positions of Russian anti-aircraft missile systems were affected.
Units of missile forces and artillery of the Defense Forces of Ukraine hit one command post, 11 areas of concentration of manpower, weapons and military equipment and other important military objects of Russian soldiers.