The 438th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 07.05.2023.
During the day, Russian troops launched 8 missile strikes, including 2 S-300 missiles that hit a civilian enterprise in Balakliya, Kharkiv region, resulting in 5 civilians being injured. In addition, Russian military fired 5 Russian X-22 missiles at civilian objects in the Mykolaiv region and one X-22 missile at the Kherson region, without any losses. The Russian army also carried out 22 air strikes and more than 10 shelling attacks with rocket artillery on the positions of Ukrainian troops and Nikopol of the Dnipropetrovsk region. Unfortunately, there are casualties and injuries among the civilian population, and a multi-story building, private residences, and other civilian infrastructure have been damaged.
The probability of rocket and aviation strikes throughout the territory of Ukraine remains high.
The Russian army continues to concentrate its main efforts on the directions of Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Marinka. Heavy fighting is taking place for the cities of Bakhmut and Marinka. Overall, during the day, the Russian army carried out 39 attacks.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- On the Volyn and Polissya directions, there were no significant changes.
- On the Siversk and Slobozhansk directions, Russian troops carried out air strikes on the areas of populated areas of Zarychchia, Leonivka, and Kostobobriv in the Chernihiv region. They carried out mortar and artillery shelling of populated areas of Zarychchia, Orlykivka, Bleshnia, Zaliznyi Most, Arkhypivka, Leonivka, and Bukhky in the Chernihiv region; Seredyna-Buda, Vorozhba, and Iskryskivshchyna in the Sumy region, as well as Udy, Vovchansk, Pletenivka, Bochkove, Mala Vovcha, Nesterne, and Stroyivka in the Kharkiv region.
- On the Kupyansk direction, Russian soldiers did not conduct offensive operations. They struck an aviation blow in the area of Hrynykivka. Russian artillery and mortar shelling hit Figolivka, Novomlynsk, Lyman Pershyi, and Berestove in the Kharkiv region; Novoselivske and Stelmakhivka in the Luhansk region.
- On the Lyman direction, during the day, the Russian army did not conduct offensive operations. It struck aviation blows near the populated areas of Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region and Spyriane in the Donetsk region. Artillery shelling hit Makiivka and Nevske in the Luhansk region and Bilohorivka and Spyriane in the Donetsk region.
- The Russian army continues its offensive on the Bakhmut direction. It is ongoing battles in the city of Bakhmut, which is shelled with incendiary and phosphorus ammunition. During the day, Russian military unsuccessfully carried out offensive operations towards Khromove, Ivanivske, Chasove Yar, and Stupochky. Russian troops carried out airstrikes on the populated areas of Bakhmut, Bohdanivka, Kurdiumivka, and New York. Zaliznyanske, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Novomarkove, Markove, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Chasiv Yar, Stupochky, Oleksandro-Shultine, and Leonidivka in Donetsk region were affected by Russian shelling.
- On the Avdiivka direction, the Russian army carried out offensive actions in the areas of Avdiivka and Pervomaiske but was unsuccessful. It also shelled the populated areas of Berdychiv, Avdiivka, Vodyane, Pervomaiske, Nevelske, Netaylove, Karlivka, and Hostre in the Donetsk region.
- On the Marinka direction, Russian soldiers continues to attack the positions of defense forces. There are ongoing battles for Marinka. At the same time, Georgiivka, Krasnohorivka, Marinka, and Pobeda in the Donetsk region were affected by Russian shelling.
- On the Shakhtarsk direction, Russian soldiers did not carry out any offensive operations during the day. They shelled Novomykhailivka, Yelizavetivka, Vuhledar, Prechystivka, Zolota Niva, Novoukrayinka, Shakhtarsk, and Velyka Novosilka in the Donetsk region.
- On the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, the Russian army continues to conduct defensive operations. It has carried out air strikes on the populated areas of Vremivka in the Donetsk region and Novodanilivka in the Zaporizhzhia region. Meanwhile, Russian troops have also shelled over 45 populated areas, including Zaliznychnoe, Hulyaipilske, Biloheiria, Mala Tokmachka, Kamianske in the Zaporizhzhia region; Zolota Balka, Vesele, Antonivka, Zelenivka, Kizomys in the Kherson region, and the city of Kherson.
Under the pretext of evacuating civilians, Russian troops continue to transport looted property from the temporarily occupied territories of the Zaporizhzhia region. For example, in Mykhailivka, the evacuation of all property together with employees of hostile financial institutions on stolen cars belonging to local residents was recorded. Also, 15 buses arrived in Dniprorudne for the evacuation of representatives of the Russian occupation administration and the so-called “people’s police” along with their families. Russian occupation troops are also looting stores with office equipment and stealing cars.
The Ukrainian aviation carried out 6 strikes on Russian personnel and military equipment concentration areas and on Russian air defense missile complex over the course of a day.
Rocket troops and artillery units struck 2 command points, 2 areas of Russian armaments and military equipment concentration, as well as 3 ammunition depots.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: General Staff operational report May 6, 2023 on the Russian invasion of Ukraine