The 376th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 06.03.2023.
The Russian Federation focuses its main efforts on offensives on Kupyanks, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Shakhtarske directions. Last day, Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled more than 140 Russian attacks.
During the day, the Russian army launched 50x air and 5x missile strikes. The air strikes involved 11x Shahed-136 type loitering munitions; 9x of them were successfully intercepted. Moreover, Russian troops conducted 59x MLRS attacks, including against settlements and civilian targets.
The threat of missile strikes remains high across Ukraine.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna directions: no significant changes. No signs of the formation of adversary offensive groups were found. During the last day the Russian army shelled the vicinities of Senkivka and Karpovychi (Chernihiv oblast); Starikove, Holyshivske, Pavlivka, Volfyne and Hrabovske (Sumy oblast); Veterynarne, Strilecha, Krasne, Ternova, Ohirtseve, Vovchansk, and Budarky (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: the Russian army attempted to the brake through Ukrainian defense. Russian forces made unsuccessful attempts to advance towards Hryanykivka, Nevske, Bilohorivka, and Fedorivka. The vicinities of Putnykove, Fuholivka, Dvorichna, Hryanykivka, and Krokhmalne (Kharkiv oblast); Novoselivske, Stelmakhivka, Nevske, Chervonopopivka and Dubrova (Luahnsk oblast); and Terny, Yanpil, Rozdolivka, and Fedorivka (Donetsk oblast) suffered artillery attacks.
- Bakhmut direction: despite significant losses the Russian army makes further attempts to capture the town of Bakhmut and its vicinities. During the last day, Russian troops conducted more than 37x attacks in the vicinities of Dubovo-Vasylivka settlement solely. Moreover, Russian military attempted attacks in the vicinities of Bilohorivka, Fedorivka, Zaliznyanske, Yahidne, and Ivanivske, that all failed. The vicinities of Zaliznyanske, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Dubovo-Vasylivka, Chasiv Yar, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Stupochki, Druzhba, Toretsk, Mayorsk, and New York came under mortar and artillery fire.
- Avdiivka and Shakhtarske direcrions: Russian soldiers conducted unsuccessful offensive operations towards Novokalynove, Krasnohorivka, Kamyanka , Sjeverne, Pervomaiske, Nevelske, and Marinka (Donetsk oblast). In particular, Krasnohorivka, Kamyanka, Avdiivka, Tonenke, Sjeverne, Vodyane, Pervomaiske, Nevelske, Marinka, Vuhledar, and Velyka Novosilka were shelled by Russian soldiers.
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions: the Russian army is defending. In particular, Vremivka (Donetsk oblast), Hulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Huliaipilske, Kamyanske, Tavriiske (Zaporizhzhia oblast), Nikopol (Dnipropetrovsk oblast), Zmiivka, Shlyakhove, Kherson, Kozatske, Olhivka, Tyahyntsi, Antonivka, and Bilozerka (Kherson oblast) were shelled.
Russian troops continue to pressure residents of Zaporizhzhia oblast into receiving Russian passports, so that the numbers would reach certain targets. In certain settlements, people who do not have a passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation cannot receive any cash, including their wages, since January 1. Payments must be made exclusively through Russian bank cards.
In order to protect their servicemen, Russian soldiers decided to use a part of the city polyclinic in the temporarily occupied Luhansk as a barracks. Bunk beds for the personnel have already been delivered to the premises. At the same time, the management of the medical institution has to resolve a number of issues related to staff accommodation and patient reception.
During the day of March 6, Ukrainian Air Force launched 15x air strikes on the concentrations of Russian troops and 1x air strike on Russian anti-aircraft missile system at its firing position.
In addition to the Shahed-136 loitering munition, Ukrainian soldiers shot down 1x Su-25 aircraft of the Russian army and 8x more UAVs of various types.
Ukrainian missile and artillery units attacked 1x command post, 8x concentrations of Russian troops, 2x air defense assets, 1x artillery system at its firing positions, 1x ammunition depot, and 1x radar station of Russian military.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Russians shelled a city in the Donetsk region, a school was destroyed: photos