The 375th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 05.03.2023.
The Russian Federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine. Russian main efforts are focused on the offensive operations on Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Shakhtarske directions.
The Russian army does not stop destroying the critical infrastructure of Ukraine, continues to target and shell civilian facilities and residences.
During the day of March 05, Russian soldiers launched 4x missile and 23x air strikes. They also launched more than 55x MLRS attacks. The threat of missile strikes across Ukraine remains high.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna directions: no significant changes, no formation of offensive groups was found. The Russian army is carrying out engineering development, including anti-tank ditches, of the border areas of Bryansk and Kursk oblasts (Russia). During the day of March 05, Russian troops fired mortars and artillery at the settlements of Yanzhulivka, Tymonovychi (Chernihiv oblast), Studenok, Budivelne, Vovkivka, Atynske, Iskryskivshchyna, Volfyne, Sadky (Sumy oblast), Budarky, Veterynarne, Strilecha, Krasne, Ternova, Dvorichanske (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: Russian troops conducted several unsuccessful offensives towards the settlement of Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast. The Russian army shelled the vicinities of settlements of Dvorichna, Hryanykivka, Pishchane (Kharkiv oblast), Bilohorivka, Nevske, Serebryanske (Luhansk oblast), and Terny, Spirne, Rozdolivka (Donetsk oblast) with artillery.
- Bakhmut direction: the Russian army does stop assaulting the city of Bakhmut and settlements around it. The following settlements came under fire: Zaliznyanske, Orihovo-Vasylivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Chasiv Yar, Kurdyumivka, Shyroka Balka, Hryhorivka, Majorsk, New York (Donetsk oblast).
- Avdiivka and Shakhtarske directions: the Russian army continues to attack the positions of Ukrainian troops, launched several unsuccessful attacks towards Kamyanka, Krasnohorivka, Severne, Pobeda and Marinka (Donetsk oblast). Russian military fired artillery and mortars at the vicinities of settlements of Vesele, Avdiivka, Vodyane, Pervomaiske, Krasnohorivka and Vuhledar.
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions: Russian troops shelled the vicinities of more than 35x settlements. Among them are Novosilka, Vremivka (Donetsk oblast), Hulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Kamyanske (Zaporizhzhia oblast). Chornobayivka, Beryslav, Vesele, Antonivka, and the city of Kherson. There are casualties among civilians and damage to civil infrastructure
A conflict is brewing in the top military leadership of the Russian Federation due to significant losses and the lack of real achievements at the front. In February of this year, Vladimir Putin awarded the commander of the Eastern Military District, Muradov, the rank of colonel general for a report on the “successes” of the 155th Marine Brigade in the Vugledar direction. Now the Russian Minister of Defense Sergei Shoigu demands that the general work out his rank and take the city at any cost. According to the available information, the leadership of the 155th brigade and the servicemen refuse to go on a senseless offensive again, in which the incompetent leadership sends them – to storm the well-fortified positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine without any support and preparation.
The Ukrainian Air Force launched 10x air strikes on the concentrations of Russian manpower and equipment. During the day of March 05, missile and artillery units hit 2x command post of the Russian army.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: 171 cases of sexual violence by Russian military were registered in Ukraine