The 399th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 29.03.2023.
During the day of March 29, Russian military launched 1x missile and 16x air strikes, and conducted 4x MLRS attacks.
The likelihood of missile and air strikes across Ukraine remains high, as the Russian army continues to ignore the laws and customs of war, and use terror tactics against civilians. Today’s air strike on the infrastructure of Beryslav (Kherson oblast) wounded civilians and damaged private houses and civilian infrastructure.
The Russian army is focusing its main efforts on the offensive operations on Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Marinka directions. The towns of Bilohorivka, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Marinka remain at the epicenter of the fighting. The Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled 48x Russian attacks on these directions.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna directions: no significant changes in the operational situation, no signs of the formation of Russian offensive groups were found. The Russian army continues to maintain military presence in the border areas of Kursk and Belgorod oblasts (Russia). During the day of March 29, Russian troops shelled the vicinities of settlements of Chernatske, Esman, Kucherivka, Bilopillya, Volfyne, Basivka (Sumy oblast), Tymofiivka, Veterynarne, Hlyboke, Pishchane, Hatyshche, Vovchansk, and Bochkove (Kharkiv oblast).
- Lyman direction: during the day of March 29, Russian soldiers conducted unsuccessful offensives in the vicinity of Vyimka. The vicinities of settlements on Kupyansk and Lyman directions were shelled with artillery. They include Kolodyazne, Dvorichna, Zapadne, Petropavlivka, Kupyansk, Kyslivka, Kamyanka (Kharkiv oblast), Stelmakhivka, Nevske, Kuzmyne, Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast), Kolodyazi, Spirne, and Siversk (Donetsk oblast).
- Bakhmut direction: the Russian army makes further attempts to seize the city of Bakhmut, having partial success. However, Ukrainian troops are courageously holding the city as they repel numerous Russian attacks. During the day of March 29, Russian military conducted unsuccessful offensive operations in the vicinity of Orikhovo-Vasylivka (Donetsk oblast). Russian troops shelled Minkivka, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Bakhmut, Chasiv Yar, and Toretsk (Donetsk oblast).
- Avdiivka and Marinka directions: the Russian army attempted to advance towards Novokalynove, Stepove, Avdiivka, Sjeverne, Pervomaiske, and Marinka. All attacks have failed. Russian forces shelled the following settlements: Novokalynove, Avdiivka, Vodyane, Karlivka, Krasnohorivka, Marinka, Heorhiivka, and Novomykhailivka (Donetsk oblast).
- Shakhtarske direcrion: during the day of 29 March, the Russian army shelled the vicinities of Vuhledar, Prechystivka, and Velyka Novosilka (Donetsk oblast).
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions: the Russian army continues to defend. Russian soldiers shelled the settlements of Vremivka (Donetsk oblast), Malynivka, Hulyaipole, Staroukrainka, Charivne (Zaporizhzhia oblast), Vesele, Beryslav, Kozatske, Zelenivka, Antonivka, Dniprovske (Kherson oblast), and the city of Kherson.
Russia continues to build fortifications and trenches in Armiansk and Dzhankoy districts of the temporarily occupied territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea. Local civilian population is actively involved in the fortification works.
During the day of March 29, Ukrainian Air Force launched 5x air strikes on the concentrations of Russian troops and military equipment. In addition, Ukrainian Air Force shot down 1x Russian Su-24M bomber.
During the day of March 29, Ukrainian missile and artillery troops hit 2x concentrations of Russian troops, weapons, and military equipment, 1x ammunition depot, and 2x fuel and lubricant depots of the Russian army.
Source : The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Ukrainian Air Force destroyed more than 1,500 Russian drones Orlan-10