The 394th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 24.03.2023.
During the day, the Russian army conducted 40x air and 5x missile strikes, and carried out more than 20x MLRS attacks against civilian infrastructure and positions of Ukrainian Defense Forces. The attacks resulted in casualties among civilian population.
The threat of missile and air strikes remains high across Ukraine as the Russia continues to use terror tactics.
The Russian army concentrates main efforts on offensive operations on Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, Marinka, and Shakhtarsk directions. Ukrainian troops repelled more than 38x Russian attacks there.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna and Slobozhanshchyna directions: the operational situation has not changed significantly; there are no signs of the formations of Russian offensive groupings. Russian military undergo further combat training on the Republic of Belarus. Russia maintains enhanced military presence in the border areas of Kursk and Belgorod oblasts. During the day, Russian military shelled the vicinities of Horodyshche (Chernihiv oblast); Kharkivka, Iskryskivshchyna, Vorozhba, Bilopillya, Richki, and Myropillya (Sumy oblast); Basov, Veterynarne, Kozacha Lopan, Krasne, Ohirtseve, Vovchansk, Ambarne, and Topoli (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: the Russian army conducted unsuccessful offensives in Serebryansk forestry area and in the vicinities of Hryanykivka and Bilohorivka. Russian artillery units shelled the vicinities of Kamyanka, Dvorichna, Hryanykivka, Zapadne, Kupyansk, and Pishchane (Kharkiv oblast); Stelmakhivka, Nevske, Dibrova, and Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast); as well as Terny and Spirne (Donetsk oblast).
- Bakhmut direction: the Russian army makes further unsuccessful attempts to seize the town of Bakhmut and to attack Ukrainian positions in the vicinities of Orihovo-Vasylivka, Bohdanivka, Ivanivske, and Stupochky settlements (Donetsk oblast). Russian troops shelled Minkivka, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Hryhorivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Chasiv Yar, Stupochki, Predtechyne, Oleksandro-Shultyne, Zalizne, Severny, and Toretske.
- Avdiivka, Marinka, and Shakhtarsk directions: the Russian army attempted to advance towards Keramik, Stepove, Avdiivka, Severne, Pervomaiske and Pobieda settlements (Donetsk oblast). However, all attacks have failed. Avdiivka, Tonenke, Netaylove, Lastochkine, Heorgiivka, Marinka, Pobieda, Novomykhailivka, Vuhledar, Prechistivka, and Zolota Niva (Donetsk oblast) were subjects to numerous Russian attacks.
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions: the Russian army stays on the defensive. However,a Russian soldiers shelled Olhivske, Malynivka, Chervone, Hulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Charivne, Biloghirya, Mala Tokmachka, Novodanilivka, Orihiv, Novoandriivka, and Stepove (Zaporizhzhia oblast); Bilozerka and the city of Kherson.
Russian troops continue to put pressure on civilian population of the temporarily occupied settlements of Luhansk oblast of Ukraine. It is becoming more and more difficult to move between settlements. In particular, the village of Plugatar can be accessed only by local residents with special passes.
During the day, Ukrainian Air Force conducted 16x air strikes on the concentrations of Russian troops and military equipment. Ukrainian military shot down 1x Shahed-136 and 1x Lancet loitering munitions.
At the same time, Ukrainian missiles and artillery troops attacked 2x command posts, 4x concentrations of Russian troops, weapons and military equipment, 2x anti-aircraft missile systems, 1x ammunition depot, 1x artillery system, and 2x electronic warfare stations.
Source : The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also:Russia shelled settlement in the Kherson region, 1 civilian was killed and 4 were injured: photos