The 393rd day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 23.03.2023.
During the day of March 23, Russian troops launched 37x air strikes, and 4x missile strikes, 1x of them targeted Kramatorsk. The Russian army also launched 82x MLRS attacks.
The likelihood of missile strikes across Ukraine remains quite high.
The Russian army is focusing its main efforts on the offensive operations on Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, Marinka, and Shakhtarske directions. Thanks to their professional and coordinated actions, Ukrainian soldiers repelled more than 79x Russian attacks on these directions.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna directions: no significant changes. The Russian Federation continues maintain military presence to the territory of the Republic of Belarus. No formation of any offensive groups was found. At the same time, Russian military continued engineering development of terrain in the border areas of Bryansk and Kursk oblasts (Russia). The Russian army fired mortars and artillery at the vicinities of more than 20x settlements. Among them are: Tymonovychi (Chernihiv oblast), Zaruts’ke, Popivka (Sumy oblast), Morozova Dolyna, Strilecha, Hlyboke, Krasne, Ternova, Starytsya, Zemlyanky, Kreidyanka, Vilkhuvatka, Shevyakivka, Ambarne, and Bolohivka (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: Russian troops fired artillery at the vicinities of Hryanykivka, Kupyansk, Krokhmalne, Tabaivka, Terny (Kharkiv oblast), Novoselivske, Stelmakhivka, Makiivka, Nevske, Pishchane, Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast), Hryhorivka, Verkhnokamyanske, and Spirne (Donetsk oblast) during the day of March 23.
- Bakhmut direction: the Russian army has not stopped its assault of Bakhmut. It was in the vicinity of this city that most of the combat engagements on this direction took place during the day of March 23. Russian attacks were also repelled in the vicinities of settlements of Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Bohdanivka, and Predtechyne (Donetsk oblast). Russian soldiers shelled Vasyukivka, Minkivka, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Hryhorivka, Bohdanivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Predtechyne, Zalizne, Pivnichne, and New York (Donetsk oblast). In total, more than 15x settlements were affected by these criminal actions of Russian soldiers.
- Avdiivka, Marinka, and Shakhtarske directions: the Russian army conducted unsuccessful offensive operations towards the settlements of Novokalynove, Novobakhmutivka, Stepove, Avdiivka, Sjeverne, Pervomaiske, Marinka, and Novomykhailivka (Donetsk oblast). In particular, Novokalynove, Novobakhmutivka, Stepove, Kam’yanka, Avdiivka, Netaylove, Lastochkyne, Krasnohorivka, Heorhiivka, Marinka, Vuhledar, Velyka Novosilka, Orlivka, Novomykhailivka, and Prechystivka (Donetsk oblast) came under numerous Russian attacks.
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions: the Russian army continues to defend. At the same time, it carried out intensive shelling, in particular, of Olhivske, Malynivka, Chervone, Hulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Charivne, Bilohirya, Mala Tokmachka, Novodanylivka, Orikhove, Novoandriivka, Stepove, Kamyanske (Zaporizhzhia oblast), Chervonyi Mayak, Beryslav, Lvove, Novotyahynka, Antonivka, and the city of Kherson (Kherson oblast).
Due to the significant losses suffered by Russian troops on a daily basis, the Russian army decided to increase bed capacity in the hospitals operating in the temporarily occupied territory of Luhansk oblast. In particular, the number of beds in the military hospital in Troitske has been doubled from 200 to 400. At the same time, all wounded officers were evacuated to the territory of the Russian Federation by helicopters between March 17 and 18.
During the day of March 23, Ukrainian Air Force launched 12x air strikes on the concentrations of personnel and military equipment of Russian troops. Ukrainian +military also shot down two Kh-59 guided aircraft missiles and 4x UAVs of various types.
At the same time, missile and artillery units hit 1x command post, 1x concentration of manpower, weapons, and military equipment of the Russian army, 1x anti-aircraft missile system, and 2x fuel and lubricant depots.
Source : The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Russians shelled cities in the Donetsk region, there are killed and injured civilians: photos