The 372nd day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 02.03.2023.
Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka and Shakhtarske directions: Ukrainian soldiers repelled more than 85x Russian attacks. The Russian army continues to violate the norms of International Humanitarian Law. Thus, Russian troops carried out 31x air strikes and 3x missile strikes, in particular, on civilian infrastructure in the Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson Oblasts. There are wounded civilians, high-rise apartment buildings and private houses are damaged. In addition, 88x shellings from MLRS were recorded.
The threat of Russian missile strikes is significant throughout the territory of Ukraine.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna and Slobozhanshchyna directions: the operational situation has not changed significantly. During the past day, the Russian army carried out mortar and artillery attacks on the settlements of Tymonovychy, Zarechye, Gremyach, Hrinivka of the Chernihiv Oblast; Boyaro-Lezhachi, Atynske, Iskryskivshchyna, Kindrativka, Myropilske, Popivka of Sumy Oblast and districts of 18x settlements of Kharkiv Oblast. Among them are Krasne, Hlyboke, Vesele, Vovchansk, Ohirtseve, Strilecha.
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: Russian military carried out offensive actions in the districts of Bilogorivka, Luhansk Oblast, and Spirne, Donetsk Oblast, without success. Fired artillery near 20x settlements. These are, in particular, Dvorichna, Lyman Pershii, Petropavlivka, Kupyansk of the Kharkiv Oblast; Makiivka and Kreminna of the Luhansk Oblast and Rozdolivka – Donetsk Oblast.
- Bakhmut direction: the Russian army does not stop assault the city of Bakhmut. Ukrainian defenders repelled attacks in the districts of Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Dubovo-Vasylivka, Hryhorivka, Bohdanivka and Bakhmut of the Donetsk Oblast. Vasyukivka, Zaliznyanske, Orihovo-Vasylivka, Dubovo-Vasylivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Chasiv Yar, Klishchiivka, Kurdyumivka, Ozaryanivka, Diliivka, Mayorsk, and New York came under Russian fire.
- Avdiivka and Shakhtarske directions: the Russian army continues to unsuccessfully attack the positions of Ukrainian troops. They carried out artillery and mortar shelling in the areas of 18x settlements. Among them are Berdychi, Avdiivka, Vodyane, Vesele, Bogoyavlenka, Velyka Novosilka and Vugledar of the Donetsk Oblast.
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions: more than 45x settlements were affected by the fire of Russian soldiers. In particular, Novosilka and Vremivka of the Donetsk Oblast; Zaliznychne, Gulyaipole, Kamyanske of the Zaporizhzhia Oblast, as well as Vesele, Beryslav, Chornobayivka, Antonivka, and Kherson
Russian troops continue to rob the population in the temporarily occupied territory of the Zaporizhzhia Oblast. In particular, from the beginning of February 2023, Russian mercenaries began to actively take cars from residents who did not receive Russian passports.
Representatives of the so-called occupation authorities exert pressure on the local population in order to appropriate land plots. The majority of residents of Boiove settlement of Kherson Oblast refused to hand over their private plots to the balance of the local occupation administration. As of March 1 of this year, about 200 people from this village were taken to an unknown destination for the so-called filtration measures, and Russian mercenaries has been accommodated in their houses.
Over the past day, the Air Force of the Defense Forces has conducted 13x airstrikes on the areas of concentration of personnel and military equipment of Russian military. Also, Ukrainian defenders shot down Russian Su-25 aircraft, a Mi-24 helicopter and 7x unmanned aerial vehicles (1 – Supercam, 2 – Orlan, and 4 – Lancet).
Units of missile and artillery troops hit 6x areas of Russian concentration and their ammunition depot.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Russia shelled a 5-story building in Zaporizhzhia, 2 civilians were killed: photos, video