The 387th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 17.03.2023.
During the day, the Russian army carried out 19x airstrikes and launched 26x MLRS attacks.
The threat level of missile strikes remains high throughout the territory of Ukraine.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna and Slobozhanshchyna directions: the operational situation has not changed significantly. Russia continues to harden defense lines in the border areas of its Bryansk and Kursk oblasts. Moreover, the Russian army maintains enhanced military presence in Belgorod oblast of Russia, aiming to show presence, to conduct demonstrative actions, and to prevent Ukrainian Defense Forces from being transferred to other direcrions. During the day, Russian military shelled the vicinities of Starykov, Volfyne, and Solyanyki settlements (Sumy oblast); Strilech, Hlyboke, Starytsia, Vovchansk, Kolodyazne, Krasne Pershe, Kutkivka, Dvorichna, Zapadne, and Ternov (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: Russian military made unsuccessful attempts to break through Ukrainian defense lines. Russian troops shelled a number of settlements, including: Vesele, Hryanykivka, Vilshana, Krokhmalne, Berestov, Dibrova, and Andriivka (Kharkiv oblast); Novoyehorivka, Nevske and Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast). Russian soldiers attempted to advance towards Hryanykivka, Verkhnokamyanske, and Spirne.
- Bakhmut direction: Russia struggle to seize the city of Bakhmut, where constant positional battles continue. Ukrainian troops repelled Russian attacks in the vicinities of Klishchiivka and Ivanovske settlements. Minskivka, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Zaliznyanske, Vasyukivka, Bakhmut, Hryhorivka, Ivanivske, Ozaryanivka and Oleksandro-Shultine (Donetsk oblast) came under Russian fire.
- Avdiivka, Marinka, and Shakhtarsk directions: Russian military attempted unsuccessful offensives towards Kamyanka, Nevelske, Avdiivka, and Marinka (Donetsk oblast). Kamyanka, Avdiivka, Vodyane, Krasnohorivka, Heorgiivka, Maksimilianivka, Marinka, Vuhledar, Velyka Novosilka, and Zolota Niva (Donetsk oblast) were subjects to Russian artillery fire.
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions: Russia stays on the defensive. Malynivka, Hulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Biloghirya, Mala Tokmachka, Novoandriivka, Mali Shcherbaki, and Kamyanske (Zaporizhzhia oblast) Vremivka (Donetsk oblast); Dobra Nadiya (Dnipropetrovsk oblast); Dudchany, Kachkarivka, Vesele, Kozatske, Ivanivka, Mykilske, Dniprovske, Kherson, Berehove Veletenske, and Kizomys (Kherson oblast) suffered Russian attacks.
Russian troops were reported to establish new hospital in Svatove (Luhansk oblast). Following the initial reporting, up to 30x severely wounded Russian military were delivered to the hospital in last 2x days. In general, there is an increase in the number of seriously wounded Russian soldiers. The number of evacuation flights to the territory of Russia has increased from two to three per week. Local residents who have at least some medical education are forced to provide medical treatment to Russian troops.
Russian troops, with the active support of local collaborators, are increasing the number of torture chambers in the temporarily occupied and captured territories of Ukraine. Thus, a newly created torture chamber was spotted in the southeastern part of Energodar, Zaporizhzhia oblast. There, citizens with pro-Ukrainian views, as well as those who do not want to comply with the demands of the local occupying so-called authorities, are brutally tortured.
During the day, Ukrainian Air Force conducted 6x air strikes on the concentrations of Russian troops and military equipment.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Russian troops carried out 4 airstrikes on high-rise building in the Donetsk region: photos