The 382nd day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 12.03.2023.
The Russian army does disregards its own losses as it strives to achieve its goals. Russian main focus is the offensive operations on Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, Marinka, and Shakhtarske directions.
The Russian Federation continues to use terror tactics, conducts indiscriminate shelling of settlements in gross violation of the rules of International Humanitarian Law.
During the day of March 12, the Russian army launched 1x missile attack on a civilian infrastructure facility in Slovyansk (Donetsk oblast). Russian troops also launched 4x air strikes and around 20x MLRS attacks.
The level of missile threat across Ukraine remains high.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna directions: no significant changes. No formation of Russian offensive groups were found. Engineering development of Russian positions is ongoing in the border areas of Belgorod oblast (Russia). During the day of March 12, Russian troops shelled the vicinities of settlements of Volfyne (Sumy oblast), Strilecha, Krasne, Velykyi Burluk, and Bolohivka (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: the Russian army attempts to break through the defense of Ukrainian troops. Russian soldiers conducted unsuccessful offensives towards Dvorichna, Dibrova, and Serebryanske forestry. Russian troops fired artillery at the vicinities of settlements of Dvorichna, Zapadne, Kupyansk, Krokhmalne, Cherneshchyna (Kharkiv oblast), Makiivka, Nevske, Dibrova, Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast), Siversk, and Spirne (Donetsk oblast).
- Bakhmut direction: the Russian army continues attempts to capture the city of Bakhmut. Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attacks in the vicinities of settlements of Minkivka and Orikhovo-Vasylivka. In particular, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Bohdanivka, Bakhmut, Chasiv Yar, Kurdyumivka, Druzhba, Maiorsk, and New York (Donetsk oblast) came under Russin fire.
- Avdiivka, Maryinka, and Shakhtarske directions: the Russian army conducted unsuccessful offensive operations towards the settlements of Krasnohorivka, Kamyanka, Sjeverne, Nevelske, Marinka, Pobjeda, and Vuhledar (Donetsk oblast). In particular, Berdychi, Avdiivka, Tonenke, Vodyane, Heorhiivka, Nevelske, Hostre, Pobjeda, Vuhledar, Vremivka, and Neskuchne (Donetsk oblast) came under Russian fire.
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions: the Russian army is defending. In particular, Olhivske, Malynivka, Hulyaipole, Mala Tokmachka, Novodanylivka, Novoandriivka (Zaporizhzhia oblast), Beryslav, Bilozerka (Kherson oblast), Tamaryne, and Ochakiv (Mykolaiv oblast) were shelled by the Russian army.
Russian troops are looting certain settlements of the temporarily occupied Kherson oblast. They are also trying to sell the looted gadgets and household appliances to civilians, but in different settlements.
The Russian army continues to suffer losses. On March 11, about 30x bodies of Russian soldiers were delivered to a local morgue in Enerhodar. At the same time, the Russian military leadership is taking measures to replenish the casualties. Thus, new troops from the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous district (russia) arrived in Yalta (Donetsk oblast) on March 10. Russian personnel is reportedly low-motivated and unwilling to participate in combat operations.
During the day of March 12, Ukrainian Air Force launch 1x air strike at Russian anti-aircraft missile system, as well as 6x air strikes at the concentrations of its personnel and military equipment.
The Ukrainian missile troops and artillery units hit 1x command post, 2x concentrations of personnel and military equipment of the Russian army, as well as 1x ammunition depot.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Russian troops shelled 3 settlements in the Donetsk region, 4 civilians were injured: photos