The 371st day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 01.03.2023.
The Russian Federation’s main focus is the offensive operations on Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Shakhtarske directions.
The Russian army continues to violate the rules of international humanitarian law, continues to launch strikes, shell civilian facilities and homes with artillery, and is trying to destroy the critical infrastructure of Ukraine.
During the day of March 1, the Russian army launched 3x missile strikes on civilian targets in Kharkiv oblast. Civilians have been wounded. Russian troops also carried out 16 air strikes, including the use of 2x Shahed-136 UAVs. The combat drones were shot down by Ukrainian Defence Forces. Russian military launched more than 20x MLRS attacks. There is significant threat of missile attacks across Ukraine.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna direcrions: no significant changes. No offensive groups of the Russian army were found. During the day of March 1, Russian military shelled the settlements of Yeline, Baranivka (Chernihiv oblast), Rozhkovychi, Starykove, Hirky, Atynske, Stukalivka, Budky, Volfyne, Turya, Grabovske (Sumy oblast), Krasne, Hlyboke, Vesele, Vilcha, Vovchansk, Karaichne, Varvarivka, Kolodyazne, Novomlynsk, and Dvorichna (Kharkiv oblast). Russian troops employed a UAV with a weapon load near Budarky (Kharkiv oblast). The Russian army is performing engineering development of area and installing anti-tank barriers in the bordering settlements of Gorkovskii and Novostroevka-Vtoraya (Belgorod oblast, Russia).
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: the Russian army conducted unsuccessful offensive operations in the vicinities of settlements of Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast) and Fedorivka (Donetsk oblast). Russian military fired artillery at the vicinities of settlements of Lyman Pershyi, Petropavlivka, Kucherivka, Pishchane (Kharkiv oblast), Stelmakhivka, Chervonopopivka, Nevske (Luhansk oblast), Terny, and Kotlyarivka (Donetsk oblast).
- Bakhmut direction: the Russian army continues to advance. The assault on the city of Bakhmut continues. Ukrainian defenders repelled attacks in the vicinities of settlements of Bakhmut, Khromove, and Ivanivske (Donetsk oblast). Vasyukivka, Zaliznyanske, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Chasiv Yar, Dyliivka, Kurdyumivka, Maiorssk, and New York (Donetsk oblast) came under Russian fire.
- Avdiivka and Shakhtarske direcrions: the Russian army conducted unsuccessful offensive operations towards Kamyanka, Pervomaiske, Nevelske, and Marinka (Donetsk oblast). Russian troops shelled the vicinities of settlements of Vesele, Avdiivka, Vodyane, Pervomaiske, Nevelske, Krasnohorivka, Heorhiivka, Novomykhailivka, Pobjeda, Vuhledar, Neskuchne (Donetsk oblast).
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions: the Russian army is defending, attempting to enable a changeover to the offensive in some areas. Russian military fired artillery at the vicinities of more than 40x settlements. Among them are Illinka, Vremivka (Donetsk oblast), Zaliznychne, Huliaipilske, Kamyanske (Zaporizhzhia oblast), Vesele, Beryslav, Antonivka, Berehove, Veletenske (Kherson oblast), and the city of Kherson.
In Enerhodar (Zaporizhzhia oblast),Russian military involve local collaborators to propagate and highlight the fake “advantages” of the so-called “Russian authorities” coming to the oblast and to justify their legitimacy.
In the Manhushskyi district of the temporarily occupied territory of Donetsk oblast, Russian soldiers continue to exert pressure on civilians, in particular by limiting the supply of electricity to homes. Russian troops destroyed an electric power pole and the settlement lost power for several days.
At the same time, local farmers in the temporarily occupied territories of Luhansk oblast have their summer and fall 2022 harvest spoiling en masse. The Russian administration is completely blocking all local farmers from selling their grain both on the domestic and foreign markets.
Also, the so-called “occupation authorities” have unofficially banned all local bakeries from accepting grain from local farmers. Ukrainian farmers are desperate because of the large losses of their harvest.
During the day of March 1, Ukrainian Air Force launched 16x air strikes on the concentrations of personnel and military equipment of Russian troops. Ukrainian aviation also shot down 1x Orlan-10 unmanned aerial vehicle of the Russian army. During the day of March 1, missile and artillery units hit 1x concentration of Russian troops, 2x ammunition depots, and 2x electronic warfare systems.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Russian soldiers shelled a city in the Zaporizhzhia region, 1 civilian was injured