The 473rd day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 11.06.2023.
Russia’s attacks on the civilian infrastructure in Ukraine
Tonight, the Russian army launched another massive airstrike against Ukraine, using Iranian strike UAVs of the “Shahed-131/136” type. In total, Russians carried out 25x air strikes. They also launched about 30x MLRS on Ukrainian settlements and Ukrainian Defense Forces.
The threat of missile and air strikes remains high across Ukraine.
The Russian Federation is concentrating its main efforts on the Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka and Mar’inka axes, heavy battles are raging on. During the day, 19x combat clashes took place.
List of Russia’s attacks on the Ukrainian territory
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn’ and Polissya directions: the operational situation has not changed significantly. There are no signs of the formation of offensive Russian groups. The Republic of Belarus continues to support the armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine, training of Russia’s units continues on its training grounds.
- Sivershchyna and Slobozhanshchyna directions: Russia continues to maintain a military presence in the areas bordering Ukraine. Russians carried out airstrikes on Bilopillya, Sumy Oblast, and Kolontaiy, Kharkiv Oblast. They shelled Seredyna-Buda, Fotovizh, Oleksandrivka in the Sumy Oblast, as well as Ivashki, Veterynarne, Strelecha, Ternova, Starytsa, Hatyshche, Vovchans’k, Krugle, Budarki, Buzovo, Chugunivka, Ambarne in the Kharkiv Oblast.
- Kup’yans’k directions: Russian forces carried out an airstrike in the Berestovo area of the Kharkiv Oblast. Kam’ianka, Figolivka, Dvorichna, Zapadne, Kislivka, Tabaivka, Berestov in the Kharkiv Oblast and Novoselivs’ke in the Luhansk Oblast were shelled by artillery and mortars.
- Lyman direction: Russian troops carried out unsuccessful offensive operations in the area of Bilohorivka. They carried out airstrikes on the settlements of Nevs’ke in Luhansk, as well as Ivanivka and Torske in Donetsk Oblast. Nevs’ke, Novoselivs’ke, Bilohorivka of the Luhansk Oblast and Yampolivka, Tors’ke, Verkhn’okam’ians’ke and Spirne of the Donetsk Oblast were hit by artillery fire.
- Bakhmut direction: Russia carried out airstrikes in the Torets’k area of the Donetsk Oblast. Rozdolivka, Vasyukivka, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Ivanovs’ke, Bila Hora, Druzhba, Torets’k, Zalizne, Severinye in Donetsk Oblast were shelled by artillery.
- Avdiivka direction: Russian forces carried out offensive operations near Avdiivka, albeit without success, and launched airstrikes there. They shelled the areas of Orlivka, Avdiivka, Siverne, Pervomais’ke, Karlivka and Nevels’ke of the Donetsk Oblast.
- Mar’inka direction: Ukrainian soldiers repelled all 12x Russian attacks in the vicinities of Mar’inka. Russia shelled Krasnohorivka, Hostroy, Georgiivka, Mar’inka, Pobieda, and Novomykhailivka, Donetsk Oblast.
- Shakhtars’k direction: Russian troops conducted airstrikes in Zolota Nyva, Blahodatne, and Neskuchne of the Donetsk Oblast. They shelled Vodyane and Vuhledar in the Donetsk Oblast.
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions: Russian forces are on the defensive. They carried out airstrikes in the Novoberyslav and Kozatske areas of the Kherson Oblast. They shelled Vremivka, Novosilka, Zelene Pole, Novopil’ of the Donetsk Oblast; Olhivs’ke, Malynivka, Hulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Hulyaipilske, Bilohirya, Mali Shcherbaki, Stepove and Kam’ians’ke of the Zaporizhzhia Oblast; Ochakiv, Mykolaiv Oblast.
Recently, among Russian mobilized personnel, a depressed mood has been noted due to a lack of understanding of the tasks and goals of the so-called “special military operation”. Also, the morale of the Russian soldiers is affected by the uncertainty of the terms of involvement in hostilities and stay in the armed forces.
The Russian Federation continues to suffer significant losses in manpower. In particular, due to unsuccessful assault operations and attempts to improve their tactical position in the Bakhmut direction, many airborne troops were lost.
The defense industry of the Russian Federation is being influenced by international sanctions. According to available information, large batches of 122 and 152 mm artillery ammunition produced in 2023 are prohibited for use due to their self-detonation. In addition, the deterioration of the level of provision of the Russian units with weapons and military equipment is noted.
The Ukrainian army’s strikes on Russian equipment
Ukrainian Air Force conducted 6x strikes on Russian manpower concentrations.
Ukrainian missile and artillery units hit 2x control points, 2x artillery units at firing positions and the Russia’s radar station.