The 340th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 29.01.2023.
During the day of January 29, the Russian army launched 24x MLRS attacks. These Russian attacks targeted settlements near the line of contact, among others, killing and wounding civilians.
The threat of air and missile strikes remains high across Ukraine.
The Russian army continues its offensive operations on Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Novopavlivka axes. On other axes, it is defending the previously occupied positions.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna axes: no significant changes. Adversary units continue their training at the training grounds of the Republic of Belarus. No Russian offensive groups were found.
- At the same time, Russian military does not stop mortar and artillery shelling at the vicinities of settlements of Khrinivka, Krasnyi Khutir (Chernihiv oblast), Volfyne (Sumy oblast), Odnorobivka, Chervona Zorya, Veterynarne, Strilecha, Hlyboke, Zelene, Neskuchne, Ternova, Starytsya, Verkhnya Pysarivka, Ohirtseve, and Vovchans’k (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kupyansk axis: Russian military fired tanks, mortars, artillery and missile systems at the vicinities of settlements of Dvorichna, Vilshana, Pishchane, Krokhmalne, Berestove, Zelenyi Hai, Vyshneve (Kharkiv oblast), Novoselivske, and Stelmakhivka (Luhansk oblast).
- Lyman axis: Russian troops shelled the vicinities of Makiivka, Nevske, Kreminna, Dibrova (Luhansk oblast), Terny, and Yampolivka (Donetsk oblast).
- Bakhmut axis: Spirne, Berestove, Bilohorivka, Rozdolivka, Bakhmut, Druzhba, and New York (Donetsk oblast) were shelled.
- Avdiivka axis: the vicinities of settlements of Vodyane, Pervomaiske, Krasnohorivka, Heorhiivka, Marinka, and Novomykhailivka came under Russian artillery fire.
- Novopavlivka axis: Russian soldiers shelled Vuhledar, Neskuchne, and Velyka Novosilka (Donetsk oblast).
- Zaporizhzhia axis: the Russian army fired artillery at the vicinities of 14x settlements. These include Vremivka, Novopil (Donetsk oblast), Poltavka, Chervone, Hulyaipole, Charivne, Novodanylivka, Novoandriivka (Zaporizhzhia oblast), and Nikopol (Dnipropetrovsk oblast).
- Kherson axis: Russian soldiers fired artillery at the outskirts and the city of Kherson. There were civilian casualties.
According to the available information, Russian troops took all medical equipment from local hospitals in Kakhovka and Nova Kakhovka to Novotroitske (Kherson oblast). Contrary to their earlier promises, Russian authorities are closing medical facilities in these cities. The staff is faced with the choice of transfer or dismissal.
During the day of January 29, Ukrainian Air Force struck 1x Russian anti-aircraft missile system, and 2x concentrations of Russian troops, weapons and military equipment.
At the same time, Ukrainian missile and artillery troops destroyed 2x Russian radar stations and 1x ammunition depot.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Russia shelled the Kharkiv region, houses were destroyed, and a woman was injured