The 335th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 24.01.2023.
During the day of January 24, the Russian army launched 5x missile strikes on the civilian facilities across Kostyantynivka (Donetsk oblast) and 13x air strikes, and conducted 10x MLRS attacks.
The threat of air and missile strikes across Ukraine remains high.
The Russian army continues to conduct offensive operations on Bakhmut axis, suffering numerous casualties. On Lyman and Avdiivka axes, Russian troops conducted unsuccessful offensives, all Russian attacks were repelled.
Kupyansk, Novopavlivka, Zaporizhzhia, and Kherson axes: Russian soldiers are on the defensive.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna axes: no significant changes, no offensive groups of the Russian army were found.
- The Russian army does not stop shelling settlements along the line of contact. Over 30x settlements came under tank, mortar, and artillery fire. Among the affected settlements are Huta-Studenetska, Buchky, Mykhalchyna Sloboda (Chernihiv oblast), Novovasylivka, Sopych, Kucherivka, Studenok, Kozache, Boyaro-Lezhachi, Stukalivka, Vorozhba, Volfyne, Yunakivka (Sumy oblast), as well as Basove, Huryiv Kozachok, Vetarynarne, Vesele, Vovchans’k, Varvarivka, and Hryhorivka (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kupyansk axis: Russian military shelled the vicinities of Dvorichna, Hryanikivka, Kyslivka, Berestove (Kharkiv oblast), as well as Novoselivske, and Stelmakhivka (Luhansk oblast).
- Lyman axis: Russian soldiers shelled the vicinities of Makiivka, Ploschhanka, Chervonopopivka, Terny, and Yampolivka (Luhansk oblast).
- Bakhmut axis: more than 20x settlements were shelled with tanks and the entire range of artillery. In particular, they are Spirne, Berestove, Bilohorivka, Vesele, Krasna Hora, Bakhmut, Klishchiivka, Kurdyumivka, Druzhba, Maiorsk, and New York (Donetsk oblast).
- Avdiivka axis: the vicinities of Novobakhmutivka, Orlivka, Avdiivka, Vodyane, Pervomaiske, Nevelske, Krasnohorivka, Heorhiivka, Marinka, Novomykhailivka, and Mykhailivka (Donetsk oblast) came under Russian fire.
- Novopavlivka axis: Russian troops employed tanks, mortars, artillery and missile systems in the vicinities of Novoukrainka Vuhledar Prechystivka, Neskuchne, and Velyka Novosilka (Donetsk oblast).
- Zaporizhzhia axis: tank and artillery fire affected the vicinities of more than 20x settlements, including: Vremivka, Vilne Pole, Novosilka, Novopil (Donetsk oblast), Olhivske, Malynivka, Huliaipilske, Bilohirya, Novodanylivka, and Vesele (Zaporizhzhia oblast).
- Kherson axis: Russian soldiers continue shelling civilians. The vicinities of settlements of Havrylivka, Dudchany, Kachkarivka, Zmiivka, Vesele, Burhunka, Antonivka, Dniprovske (Kherson oblast), and the city of Kherson were shelled with multiple rocket launchers, artillery, and mortars.
In the temporarily occupied territories of Ukrainian Crimea, the Russian Federation continues to covertly mobilize the local residents – citizens of Ukraine. In particular, Russian military commissariats in the city of Sevastopol have been tasked with replenishing Russia’s losses in the so-called “special military operation” by enrolling local civilians from the Black Sea Fleet units since January 20, 2023. All civilian employees are required to fill out forms with information about their military rank (in reserve) and presence of driver’s license.
Russian troops continue to suffer significant losses in combats with Ukrainian Defense Forces. More than 450x wounded Russian servicemen are undergoing treatment in the city hospital of the occupied city of Dniprorudne (Zaporizhzhia oblast). Vasylivka district hospital (Zaporizhzhia oblast) is also packed with wounded Russian soldiers beyond capacity.
During the day of January 24, Ukrainian Air Force launched 8x air strikes on the concentrations of Russian troops, weapons, and military equipment, and 3x air strikes on Russian anti-aircraft missile systems.
During the day of January 24, Ukrainian Air Defense Forces shot down 3x Russian Ka-52 attack helicopters over a 30-minute span. The aircraft were performing missions in the vicinity of Yevhenivka (Volnovakha district, Donetsk oblast). Ukrainian military also shot down 1x Russian Su-25 in the vicinity of Bakhmut.
During the day of January 24, Ukrainian missile and artillery troops attacked 8x concentrations of Russian troops.