The 348th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 06.02.2023.
During the day of February 6, the Russian army launched 5x missile and 12x air strikes. Russian troops launched 36x MLRS attacks, including, at civilian targets in Hola Prystan and Kherson. Russian shells damaged residential buildings, causing civilian casualties.
The threat of further Russian air and missile strikes across Ukraine remains high.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna directions: no changes, no offensive groups of the Russian army were found. The vicinities of settlements of Popivka, Oleksandrivka (Sumy oblast), Strilecha, Hlyboke, Krasne, Hatyshche, Vovchansk, and Dvorichna (Kharkiv oblast) were shelled.
- Kupyansk direction: Russian military shelled the vicinities of settlements of Ivanivka, Kucherivka, Kyslivka, Kotlyarivka (Kharkiv oblast), Novoselivske, and Stelmakhivka (Luhansk oblast).
- Lyman direction: Russian soldiers fired at the vicinities of Terny (Donetsk oblast), Ploshchanka, Chervonopopivka, Kreminna, and Dibrova (Luhansk oblast).
- Bakhmut direction: Spirne, Berestove, Bilohorivka, Krasna Hora, Bakhmut, Klishchiivka, Kurdyumivka, and Ozaryanivka were shelled with under tanks, mortars, and artillery.
- Avdiivka direction: Avdiivka, Pervomaiske, Nevelske, Krasnohorivka, Heorhiivka, Marinka, Pobjeda, and Novomykhailivka came under fire.
- Novopavlivka direction: Vuhledar, Novoukrainka, Prechystivka, Zolota Nyva, and Neskuchne (Donetsk oblast) were shelled.
- Zaporizhzhia direction: more than 15x settlements were shelled with mortars, artillery and missile systems. Among them are Novopil, Olhivske, Hulyaipole, Charivne, Mala Tokmachka, Stepove (Zaporizhzhia oblast), and Velykomykhailivka (Dnipropetrovsk oblast).
- Kherson direction: the vicinities of 12x settlements came under mortar and artillery fire. The affected settlements included Hola Prystan, Zolota Balka, Kachkarivka, Mylove, Antonivka (Kherson oblast), and the city of Kherson.
The Russian army continues to impose its passports on the residents of the temporarily occupied territories. For example, in the city of Kreminna (Luhansk oblast), employees of the so-called “LPR state-owned enterprises” who are registered to receive a Russian passport are being paid 30% lower wages.
In the temporarily occupied territories of Kherson oblast, Russian troops are intensifying filtration measures. Russian FSB officers arrived in Novotroitske to identify the local residents having pro-Ukrainian sentiments.
In order to replenish their manpower losses, Russian troops are also conducting propaganda and agitation work among young people on top of the mobilization. For example, cadet classes with enhanced military training are being created in schools of Skadovsk district (Kherson oblast). Russian soldiers promise that the alleged benefit for the graduates of these classes will be entering contract military service at sergeant positions.
During the day of February 6, the Ukrainian Air Force launched 9x air strikes on the concentrations of Russian troops and 2x air strikes on the positions of anti-aircraft missile systems. In turn, Ukrainian missile and artillery troops hit 2x concentrations of Russian manpower.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Russians shelled the Donetsk region with rockets and artillery, 1 civilian was killed: photos