The 347th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 05.02.2023.
The Russian army continues to regroup on certain directions. Russian troops are focusing their main efforts on offensive operations on Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Novopavlivka directions.
During the day of February 5, Russian military launched 4x missile attacks, 2x of which targeted civilian infrastructure in the city of Kharkiv, resulting in the total destruction of a five-storey building of a higher education institution, and injuring 5x civilians. 2x Russian missiles hit the town of Druzhkivka (Donetsk oblast), damaging 4x multi-storey buildings and a kindergarten; 4x civilians sustained injuries of varying severity. In addition, Russian soldiers launched more than 40x MLRS attacks, in particular, at civilian targets in Kherson. The Russian army shells damaged residential buildings, killing and injuring civilians.
The threat of further Russian air and missile strikes across Ukraine remains high.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna directions: no changes, the Russian army continues to maintain military presence in the areas bordering Ukraine, but no offensive groups have been found. The vicinities of settlements of Senkivka (Chernihiv oblast), Sopych, Boyaro-Lezhachi, Volfyne, Oleksandrivka (Sumy oblast), Huryiv Kozachok, Strilecha, Hlyboke, Krasne, Zelene, Hatyshche, Vovchansk, Varvarivka, Zemlyanky, and Dvorichna (Kharkiv oblast) were shelled.
- Kupyansk direction: Russian military fired at the vicinities of settlements of Ivanivka, Kucherivka, Kyslivka, Kotlyarivka (Kharkiv oblast), as well as Novoselivske, and Stelmakhivka (Luhansk oblast).
- Lyman direction: Terny (Donetsk oblast), Makiivka, Ploshchanka, Chervonopopivka, Kreminna, Dibrova, and Terny (Luhansk oblast) came under Russian fire.
- Bakhmut direction: Spirne, Berestove, Bilohorivka, Krasna Hora, Bakhmut, Klishchiivka, Kurdyumivka, Ozaryanivka, Zalizne, and New York (Donetsk oblast) came under fire.
- Avdiivka direction: Semenivka, Avdiivka, Orlivka, Pervomaiske, Nevelske, Krasnohorivka, Heorhiivka, Marinka, Pobjeda, and Novomykhailivka came under artillery fire.
- Novopavlivka direction: Vuhledar, Novoukrainka, Prechystivka, Zolota Niva, and Neskuchne (Donetsk oblast) were shelled with tanks, mortars, and artillery.
- Zaporizhzhia direction: more than 20x settlements came under fire. Among them are Novopil, Olhivske, Poltavka, Malynivka, Hulyaipole, Charivne, Mala Tokmachka, Novoandriivka, Stepove, and Kamyanske (Zaporizhzhia oblast).
- Kherson direction: Kherson, as well as Zolota Balka, Havrylivka, Kachkarivka, Mylove, Beryslav, Vesele, Mykilske, Antonivka, Dniprovske, and Honcharne (Kherson oblast) were shelled among a total of more than 15x settlements.
The Russian army continues to attract medical personnel from Russia due to large-scale losses in Ukraine. For example, a field hospital with Russian medical personnel and surgeons has been deployed in Pokrovske (Luhansk oblast), on the territory of a local outpatient clinic.
In the city of Tokmak (Zaporizhzhia oblast), Russian forces are forcibly evicting civilians from their homes to accommodate local collaborators who support the Russian authorities and work within the structure of Russian so-called “law enforcement agencies.” Owners are ordered to leave their homes and move out into the streets.
Russian troops are searching the village of Krynky (Kherson oblast), to steal boats, water engines, and other equipment for water transportation from civilians.
During the day of February 5, the Ukrainian Air Force launched 9x air strikes on the concentrations of the Russian army, while Ukrainian missile and artillery units hit 2x concentrations of Russian manpower and 1x ammunition depot.
Another good news is that starting tomorrow, Ukrainian crews will start their training on the operation of Leopard tanks.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Russian troops shelled a city in the Donetsk region, 5 civilians were injured: photos