The 364th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 22.02.2023.
The Russian Federation continues its full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine. Russian main efforts are focused on the offensive operations on Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Shakhtarske directions. The number of Russian personnel is increasing.
During the day of February 22, the Russian army launched 9x missile strikes, 4x of them – on the city of Kharkiv, and 10x air strikes. Russian troops launched more than 20x MLRS attacks. The threat of missile strikes across Ukraine remains high.
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna directions: no significant changes. The Russian army continues to maintain military presence near the state border of Ukraine. However, no signs of the formation of Russian offensive groups were found. The Russian army fired mortars and artillery at the settlements of Mykhalchyna Sloboda (Chernihiv oblast), Korenok, Boyaro-Lezhachi, Ryzhivka, and Basivka (Sumy oblast), as well as vicinities of 15x settlements in Kharkiv oblast. Among them are Tymofiivka, Starytsya, Vovchansk, Budarky, Ambarne, and Bolohivka. Russian sabotage and reconnaissance group was detected in the vicinity of Bolohivka. The Ukrainian Defense Forces fired for effect, forcing the Russian army to retreat to the territory of the Russian Federation.
- The Russian army conducted several unsuccessful offensives on Kupyansk and Lyman directions. Russian soldiers also attempted to infiltrate a sabotage and reconnaissance group in the vicinity of Fyholivka. The Russian army fired artillery at the vicinities of settlements of Kamyanka, Hryanikivka, Kotlyarivka, Berestove (Kharkiv oblast), Nevske, Kreminna, Kuzmyne, Dibrova, Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast), Ivanivka, and Yampolivka (Donetsk oblast).
- Bakhmut direction: the Russian army continues to attack the positions of Ukrainian troops near the settlements of Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Dubovo-Vasylivka, Berkhivka, Yahidne, and Bakhmut. The Russian army is active in aerial reconnaissance to spot for artillery fire. Vicinities of 18x settlements were shelled. Among them are Spirne, Vesele, Dubovo-Vasylivka, Berkhivka, Yahidne, Bakhmut, and Ozaryanivka.
- Avdiivka and Shakhtarske directions: Russian soldiers launched an unsuccessful offensive near Novobakhmutivka, Vodyane, Nevelske, Marinka, and Prechystivka. The Russian army fired artillery at the vicinities of about 20x settlements. In particular, these are Novobakhmutivka, Avdiivka, Pervomaiske, Vodyane, Nevelske, Krasnohorivka, Marinka, Paraskoviivka, Novomykhailivka, Vuhledar, and Velyka Novosilka (Donetsk oblast).
- Zaporizhzhia direction: the vicinities of Vremivka, Novosilka, Novopil (Donetsk oblast), and Malynivka, Hulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Novodanylivka, Kamyanske (Zaporizhzhia oblast), and Vyshchetarasivka (Dnipropetrovsk oblast) were shelled.
- Kherson direction: Russian occupation forces artillery fire hit the settlements of Kherson oblast located on the right bank of the Dnipro River. In particular, Novotyahynka, Antonivka, and Chornobaivka.
Russian troops are using the local infrastructure in the temporarily occupied part of Zaporizhzhia oblast for their own purposes, in particular, for their own enrichment. For example, Russian soldiers use one of the vehicle service stations in Tokmak not only to maintain their military equipment but also to disassemble cars stolen from the local residents for parts to be further sold.
During the day of February 22, Ukrainian Air Force launched 10x air strikes on the concentrations of personnel and military equipment of Russian troops. In the meantime, missile and artillery units hit 2x concentrations of Russian manpower.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Ukraine identified 91 Russian soldiers involved in crimes in the Kyiv region