The 356th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 14.02.2023.
Despite significant losses, the Russian army has not yet abandoned its intentions to reach the administrative borders of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts. Russian main focus continues to be the offensive operations on Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Shakhtarske directions. The Russian army is actively employing aircraft.
During the day of February 14, Russian forces launched 2x missile strikes on the civilian infrastructure of Kostiantynivka and Kramatorsk (Donetsk oblast), that resulted in casualties among civilian population. Community center, where the humanitarian aid distribution hub is operating, has been damaged. The premises of a medical facility were also hit.
In addition, the Russian army launched more than 25x MLRS attacks, in particular, at the civilian targets in Kherson, Ochakiv, and Beryslav. Russian shells damaged private housing and high-rise buildings, wounding the residents.
The threat of further Russian air and missile strikes across Ukraine remains high.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna directions: no signs of the formation of Russian offensive groups were found. The Russian army does not stop mortar and artillery shelling of the positions of Ukrainian troops and settlements near the line of contact. The vicinities of settlements of Yanzhulivka (Chernihiv oblast), Tovstodubove, Bilokopytove, Vovkivka, Volfyne, Basivka (Sumy oblast), as well as Veterynarne, Baranivka, Strilecha, Krasne, Ternova, Hlyboke, Vovchansk, Vovchanski Khutory, Chuhunivka, Krasne Pershe, Novomlynsk, Dvorichna, Kupyansk, and Ridkodub (Kharkiv oblast) were shelled by Russian military.
- Kupyansk and Lyman directions: the Russian army employed tanks, mortars, and artillery to shell more than 15x settlements, including Berestove, Vyshneve, Tabaivka (Kharkiv oblast), Novoselivske, Stelmakhivka, Nevske, Chervonopopivka, Pishchane, Dibrova, Serebryanske forestry, Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast), and Fedorivka (Donetsk oblast). Russian troops launched air strikes in the vicinities of Berestove, Zhytlivka, and Verkhnokamyanske.
- Bakhmut direction: Russian soldiers fired mortars and artillery targeting more than 20x settlements, including Bilohorivka, Vesele, Paraskoviivka, Zaliznyanske, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Chasiv Yar, Klishchiivka, Zalizne, and New York (Donetsk oblast). The vicinities of Bakhmut, Ivanivske, and Kurdyumivka were hit by Russian air strikes.
- Avdiivka and Shakhtarske directions: the vicinities of 22x settlements, including Vodyane, Nevelske, Vesele, Krasnohorivka, Marinka, Heorhiivka, Vuhledar, Velyka Novosilka, Vremivka, and Neskuchne (Donetsk oblast) were shelled with tanks, mortars, and artillery. The Russian army also launched air strikes near Avdiivka and Vuhledar. Moreover, Russian troops used a UAV to drop K-51 non-lethal aerosol grenades on the positions of Ukrainian troops near Vodyane.
- Zaporizhzhia direction: Russian soldiers shelled the vicinities of more than 20x settlements. Among them are Olhivske, Malynivka, Staroukrainka, Huliaipilske, Mala Tokmachka, Orikhiv, Novoandriivka, and Stepove (Zaporizhzhia oblast). The Russian army also launched air strikes near Malynivka and Novodanylivka.
- Kherson direction: the suburbs and the city of Kherson, as well as the vicinities of more than 25x settlements, including Zolota Balka, Havrylivka, Beryslav, Vesele, Inhulets, Antonivka, Zymivnyk, Bilozerka, Dniprovske, and Veletensme (Kherson oblast), were hit by Russian artillery fire.
In order to compensate for the large-scale military losses sustained by the Russians in combat, training at the Kadamovsk (Russia) training ground is ongoing. A force of approximately up to two brigades is manned by the mobilized and “volunteers”. Most of the Russian servicemen undergo a three-week training course. Certain groups take a two-week course.
This results in a low level of mission readiness. Since early 2023, there has been no training of Wagner PMC recruits at the training ground. Instructors of the training center are involved in training in the immediate combat zone.
During the day of February 12, the Ukrainian Air Force launched 8x air strikes on the concentrations of Russian personnel and military equipment. In the meantime, missile and artillery units hit 1x concentration of manpower, 3x ammunition depots, and 2x electronic warfare stations of the Russian army.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Ukrainian military shot down 2 Russian combat aircraft