The 542nd day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 19.08.2023.
Russia’s attacks on the civilian infrastructure in Ukraine
The Russian Federation used Iranian Shahed-136/131 combat UAVs to launch another airstrike on Ukraine. Updates on the terrorist attack’s aftermath are continuously being made.
Recently, Russia attacked several communities and the positions of Ukrainian soldiers with 5 missiles, 44 air, and 17 MLRS strikes. Sadly, victims of the Russian terrorist acts include both dead and injured people. Damage was done to public infrastructure, including houses.
The possibility of air and missile attacks across Ukraine is still quite strong.
Recently, there have been officially recorded 26x combat engagements.
Map provided by the Institute for the Study of War Where Russia has recently attacked Ukrainian territory
- Volyn and Polissya directions: no significant changes
- Sivershchyna and Slobozhanshchyna directions: the Russian army launched air strikes in the vicinities of Chervona Zorya, and Veterynarne (Kharkiv oblast). It fired mortars and artillery at more than 25x Ukrainian urban settlements, including Karpovychi, Hrem’yach (Chernihiv oblast), Seredyna-Buda, Rozhkovychi, Vodolahy (Sumy oblast), Strilecha, Vovchans’k, Krasnyi Yar, Zemlyanky (Kharkiv oblast)
- Kup’yans’k direction: Russian troops conducted unsuccessful offensives in the vicinity of Syn’kivka (Kharkiv oblast) in Ukraine. Russian forces launched air strikes in the vicinities of Kurylivka, Kyslivka, and Hlushkivka (Kharkiv oblast). The following settlements were shelled with Russian artillery and mortars: Kam’yanka, Krasne Pershe, Masyutivka, Kyslivka, Berestove (Kharkiv oblast)
- Lyman direction: Russian soldiers launched air strikes in the vicinities of Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast) and Spirne (Donetsk oblast). About 15x settlements, including Nevs’ke, Kreminna, Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast), Tors’ke, Sviato-Pokrovske, Spirne, and Rozdolivka (Donetsk oblast), were shelled with artillery
- Bakhmut direction: Russia attempted offensive operations in the areas east of Bila Hora and Toretsk (Donetsk oblast), to no success. It launched air strikes in the vicinities of Klishchiivka and Andriivka (Donetsk oblast). More than 15x settlements, including Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Bakhmut, Bila Hora, Dyliivka, Pleshchiivka, and New York (Donetsk oblast), suffered from Russian artillery shelling
- Avdiivka direction: Russia attempted offensive operations in the vicinities of Novokalynove and Avdiivka (Donetsk oblast), to no success. It fired artillery at more than 15x settlements, including Keramik, Novokalynove, Tonen’ke, Siverne, Nevel’s’ke, Netailove, and Karlivka (Donetsk oblast)
- Maryinka direction: the Ukrainian Defense Forces continue to hold back the Russian offensive in the vicinities of Mariinka and Krasnohorivka (Donetsk oblast). Russian troops launched an air strike near Krasnohorivka (Donetsk oblast). They fired artillery at more than 10x settlements, including Hostre, Mariinka, Novomykhailivka, Kostyantynivka, and Antonivka (Donetsk oblast)
- Shakhtars’ke direction: Russians launched an air strike in the vicinity of Staromaiors’ke. More than 10x Ukrainian settlements, including Vuhledar, Prechystivka, Velyka Novosilka, Blahodatne, Urozhaine, and Rivnopil’ (Donetsk oblast), came under Russian artillery shelling
- Zaporizhzhia direction: the Russian army launched air strikes in the vicinities of Mala Tokmachka and Robotyne (Zaporizhzhia oblast). More than 20x settlements suffered from its artillery shelling, including Levadne, Zatyshshya, Novoandriivka, Stepove, Pyatykhatky, and Plavni (Zaporizhzhia oblast).
- Kherson direction: Russians fired artillery at more than 15x settlements, including Mykhailivka, Antonivka, Kherson, Dniprovs’ke, (Kherson oblast), and Ochakiv (Mykolaiv oblast).
The Ukrainian Defense Forces are also fortifying their positions and launching counterbattery fire as they carry out the offensive operation along the Melitopol and Berdyansk directions.
Recently, the Ukrainian Air Forces have carried out ten airstrikes on Russian troops, weapons, and military equipment concentrations and one airstrike against their anti-aircraft missile system.
Additionally, Ukrainian artillery and missile forces struck two separate Russian troops, weapon, and equipment concentrations, four separate artillery systems at firing positions, two separate Russian command posts, and two separate electronic warfare stations.