The 425th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 24.04.2023.
During the day of April 24, the Russian army launched 6x missile and 47x air strikes, 25x MLRS attacks at the positions of Ukrainian troops and critical infrastructure in various settlements.
The likelihood of further missile and air strikes across Ukraine remains high.
Russian main efforts are the offensive operations on Bakhmut, Avdiivka and Marinka directions, with more than 30x Russian attacks repelled. The fiercest fighting is for Bakhmut and Marinka.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn and Polissya directions: no significant changes. No signs of formation of an offensive group.
- Sivershchyna and Slobozhanshchyna directions: Russian troops remains stationed in the areas of Bryansk, Kursk, and Belgorod oblasts (Russia) bordering Ukraine. During the day of April 24, Russian soldiers shelled the settlements of Hremyach (Chernihiv oblast), Kucherivka, Shalyhine, Iskryskivshchyna, Popivka (Sumy oblast), Okip, Mali Prokhody, Strilecha, Neskuchne, Hatyshche, Budarky, and Chuhunivka (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kupyansk direction: the Russian army continues to fortify its positions in certain areas. Topoli, Kamyanka, Krasne Pershe, Fyholivka, Novomlynsk, Dvorichna, Zapadne, Kyslivka (Kharkiv oblast), and Novoselivske (Luhansk oblast) were shelled with artillery and mortars.
- Lyman direction: the Russian army did not conduct any offensive operations. Makiivka, Nevske, Dibrova, Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast), Torske, Verkhnokamyanske, Spirne, and Pereizne (Donetsk oblast) were shelled with artillery.
- Bakhmut direction: the Russian army continues its offensive operations. Heavy battles for the city of Bakhmut continue. In addition, during the day of April 24, Russian troops conducted unsuccessful offensives towards the settlements of Novomarkove and Khromove. Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Markove, Hryhorivka, Khromove, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Chasiv Yar, Pivnichne, and New York (Donetsk oblast) were shelled by the Russian army.
- Avdiivka direction: Russian soldiers conducted offensive operations near the settlements of Novokalynove, Stepove, and Pervomaiske (Donetsk oblast), to no success. In particular, Russian troops shelled Novokalynove, Avdiivka, Sjeverne, Tonenke Pervomaiske, Karlivka, and Nevelske (Donetsk oblast).
- Marinka direction: during the day of April 24, Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian attacks in the vicinity of settlement of Marinka and near Novomykhailivka. Krasnohorivka, Hostre, Marinka, Pobjeda, Novomykhailivka, and Paraskoviivka (Donetsk oblast) were shelled by the Russian army.
- Shakhtarske direction: Russian soldiers did not conduct any offensive operations during the day of April 23. Russian troops shelled the settlements of Vuhledar, Prechystivka, Velyka Novosilka and Komar (Donetsk oblast).
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions: the Russian army stays on the defensive. At the same time, during the day of April 24, Russian military shelled settlements near the line of active combat. Among them are Novosilka, Novopi (Donetsk oblast), Olhivske, Malynivka, Chervone, Charivne, Orikhiv (Zaporizhzhia oblast), and the city of Kherson.
The Russian army continues to re-purpose the civilian infrastructure of the temporarily occupied settlements. In particular, Russian troops are using one of the schools in Holubivka (Luhansk oblast) as a medical center to provide medical care to their troops.
During the day of April 24, Ukrainian Air Force launched 6x air strikes on the concentrations of Russian troops and military equipment. 2x various type reconnaissance UAVs were shot down.
During the day of April 24, Ukrainian missile and artillery troops hit 1x anti-aircraft missile system and 2x electronic warfare stations of the Russian army.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Ukrainian anti-aircraft gunners destroyed 4 Russian kamikaze drones in the south: photo