The White House reported on October 14, 2022, that US President Joe Biden announced the provision of a new $725 million military aid package to Ukraine.
Joe Biden signed a decree directing $725 million in military aid to Ukraine.
The allocated funds will be directed to items of defense purposes, services of the Ministry of Defense and provision of military education and training.
“I hereby delegate to the Secretary of State the authority under section 506(a)(1) of the FAA to direct the drawdown of up to $725 million in defense articles and services of the Department of Defense, and military education and training, to provide assistance to Ukraine and to make the determinations required under such section to direct such a drawdown.”
In particular, the aid package will include:
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- 23,000 155mm artillery rounds;
- 500 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;
- 5,000 155mm rounds of Remote Anti-Armor Mine (RAAM) Systems;
- 5,000 anti-tank weapons;
- high-speed Anti-radiation missiles (HARMs);
- more than 200 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs);
- small arms and more than 2,000,000 rounds of small arms ammunition;
- medical supplies.