Pro-Russian militants are attempting to recapture the height they earlier lost – Savur-Mohyla – and preparing for defence in other areas. However, some of them are already demoralized and are preparing to flee to Russia.
Head of the Information Resistance Group Dmytro Tymcuk wrote this on his Facebook page.
“The situation in the ATO area remains difficult. After the liberation by the ATO forces of a number of areas in the operation zone, the terrorists had several counterattacks to retake the lost positions. Most stringent counterattacks of the militants have been recorded in the area of Savur-Mohyla, that had been earlier liberated by the Ukrainian security forces,” the report reads.
Terrorists are also preparing to defend the settlemenst of Pervomaisk, Alchevsk and Stakhanov. “Here they equip strongholds, get military hardware and weapons, conduct forced “mobilization” of the locals,” the expert said.
However, a significant number of insurgents from the local population are preparing to leave the territory of Ukraine. “Near Perevalsk there is a column with the terrorists and their family members who are preparing to leave for Russia,” he said.
On Monday, Chief of the General Staff, Lieutenant General Viktor Muzhenko, reported to President Petro Poroshenko that the Ukrainian Armed Forces have taken control of Savur-Mohyla in Donetsk region.
Savur-Mohyla is a strategic height on the border of Luhansk, Donetsk regions and the Rostov region of Russia, from which terrorists fired on Ukrainian military and a number of settlements, including Marynivka.