The Ministry of Defense of Denmark reported on March 15, 2023, that the Danish government would provide Ukraine with a new package of military aid with a total cost of 1 billion Danish kroner (over 140 million dollars).
Source: The Ministry of Defense of Denmark
The military aid package includes, among other things, ammunition for small arms, heavy machine guns, anti-tank mines and missiles for air defense.
“I am very happy that a broad majority in the Danish Parliament stands together to help Ukraine with its fight for freedom. It is a large donation package of DKK 1 billion kroner, which we send. Ukraine lacks ammunition, and the donation package, therefore, contains material that Ukraine has very specifically requested. I am proud that we in Denmark can meet that wish,” says the Defense Minister of Denmark Troels Lund Poulsen.
The donation package includes:
- ammunition for handguns: 5.56mm ammunition for handguns;
- additional donation of 12.7mm heavy machine guns;
- an additional donation of the larger quantity of anti-tank mines;
- propellant charges, arrestor tubes and incendiary tubes for 155mm artillery ammunition;
- an additional missiles for air defense;
- 21 bomb disposal robots;
- purchase of non-lethal material via NATO for up to DKK 100.0 million;
- 15 military generators;
- 8,000 pieces of hats and 15,000 sets of rain gear;
- 9 mobile workshops for the repair of larger military vehicles;
- 6 hangar tents.
See also: Denmark will create a $1 billion fund to help Ukraine