: :inin Kyiv (EET)

US general Wesley Clark says new Russian offensive in Donbas ‘possible after Easter’


 

“It seems that the resumption of a wider conflict is inevitable, but I hope that the United States will take all necessary measures to prevent this,” Clark said in his speech on Monday.

When he visited Ukraine, Clark said, “Minsk II was roughly in place. Some artillery had been pulled back by the separatists, but some, according to sources, had been concealed in forward positions.”

“What is happening now is preparations for a renewed offensive from the east,” and this could take place following Orthodox Easter, on April 12, and most probably before VE Day on May 8,” Clark said, citing multiple local sources he spoke with on a recent fact-finding mission to Ukraine.

“Maybe if the Allies decide to boycott the celebrations, which are of great significance for [Russian] President [Vladimir] Putin, he would wait,” said Clark.

Clark said it was necessary now to send weapons to Ukraine to get it prepared by the time of the next Russian-backed militant offensive.

UaPositon

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!