President Poroshenko requests to provide heat and electricity to the residents of the occupied territories of the Donbass. Inert shelling continues on the line of confrontation in the Eastern Ukraine.
Events In Ukraine
● President Poroshenko together with the head of the Verkhovna Rada, the Prime Minister, the Head of President Administration and the former Speaker of the Parliament discussed the next week’s adoption by the Parliament of laws, which are ensuring the reforms and forming the budget during. The government should prepare and adopt a few acts to provide an assistance to the population of the occupied territories of the Donbass.
● Ukraine’s leaders honored the memory of liquidators of the Chernobyl accident.
● The French company “Seureca” will undertake a study of Kyiv’s heat supply system, including the use of alternative fuels and energy saving management to optimize the processes. Recommendations will be issued to city authorities at the beginning of 2016.
● Mayor of Kyiv Mr. Klitschko does not exclude that the Trade Unions Building at the Maydan Square damaged by fire would be demolished instead of repairing it. According to experts, the reason for demolishing is the attempt to seize an expensive peace of land under the building in the heart of the capital by business structures close to the mayor.
War in Ukraine
● According to the President Poroshenko, “ceasefire regime” in the Donbass allowed to strengthen the defenses and re-equip the army.
He charged ministers with solving the problem of providing electricity and heat to citizens of the occupied territories and to strengthen the control over the distribution of humanitarian aid. Military and security agencies’ heads were made responsible for the release of all Ukrainian POW’s before Orthodox Christmas.
The leader of the terrorist Luhansk “people’s republic” said the current truce is temporary.
● During the day, both positions of Ukrainian troops and resident areas were shelled by terrorists more than 15 times. Fortunately, no one was killed.
Ukraine and the World
● Secretary General of Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) said he does not expect a decrease in production and exploration of new oil fields in the near future in order to avoid shortages in the case of a sharp rise in demand for energy resources.
● Russia is cancelling most of the trains of their own and of joint formation in the Ukrainian direction.
● In Turkey, there were mass arrests of opposition journalists who criticize the President Erdogan. Mass protests against the authorities began in Istanbul.
● Ukrainian Internet users performed a successful disinformation campaign against Russian media which seriously talked about the transfer of US troops to airports of Dnepropetrovs’k, Zaporizhya and Kharkiv been, which were closed for flights earlier by the Ukrainian State Air Traffic Services Enterprise.