The 446th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 15.05.2023.
Within a 24-hour period, the Russian army launched 2 missile strikes on Kostiantynivka in the Donetsk Oblast, using the S-300 air defense system. Additionally, it conducted 38 airstrikes and carried out more than 25 shelling attacks using multiple rocket launcher systems.
The likelihood of further missile and aerial strikes across Ukraine remains high.
The Russian army continues to concentrate its main efforts on the directions of Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Mariinka, with 37 combat clashes reported. Bakhmut and Marinka remain at the epicenter of the conflict.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- On the Volyn and Polissya directions, there have been no significant changes.
- On the Siversk and Slobodzhansk directions, Russian troops carried out mortar and artillery shelling of the settlements of Yeline and Muravi in the Chernihiv Oblast; Vovkivka, Iskryskivshchyna, Volfyne, Shpyl, Stepok in the Sumy Oblast; as well as Kozacha Lopan, Hoptivka, Lukyantsi, Hatysche, Budarky, Nesterne, Kruhle, Zemlianky, and Starycia in theKharkiv Oblast.
- On the Kupiansk direction, the Russian army continues attempts to improve its tactical position. During this day, it carried out unsuccessful offensive actions in the area of Masiutivka. An aviation strike was conducted in the area of Kyslivka. Russian artillery and mortar shelling targeted Dvorichanske, Kamianka, Krasne Pershe, Mytrofanivka, Fiholivka, Novomlynsk, Dvorichna, Zakhidne, Kindrashivka, Kupiansk, Kyslivka, Tabaiivka, Berestove in the Kharkiv Oblast, and Stelmakhivka in the Luhansk Oblast.
- On the Lyman direction, Russian military did not conduct offensive actions during the day. Russian soldiers carried out an aviation strike in the area of Spyrne. Artillery shelling targeted Makiivka and Bilohorivka in the Luhansk Oblast, and Verkhniokamianske and Spyrne in the Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Bakhmut direction, the Russian army continues offensive actions. Heavy fighting for Bakhmut is ongoing. Additionally, during the day, Russian military carried out unsuccessful offensive actions towards the settlement of Ivanivske. The settlements of Hryhorivka, Bohdanivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Druzhba, Pivnichne, Petrivka, and Toretsk in the Donetsk Oblast were affected by Russian shelling.
- On the Avdiivka direction, the Russian army continues to destroy infrastructure in the populated areas, conducting airstrikes on Avdiivka and shelling Stepove, Lastochkyne, Avdiivka, Pervomaiske, and Karlivka in the Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Mariinka direction, Ukrainian defense forces repelled numerous Russian attacks in the area of Mariinka city. Meanwhile, Russian shelling targeted Krasnohorivka, Hostre, Heorhiivka, Mariinka, and Novomykhailivka in the Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Shakhtarsk direction, Russian soldiers conducted shelling of the settlements of Vuhledar, Prechystivka, Novoukrainka, and Shakhtarske throughout the day.
- On the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, Russian troops continue defensive actions. They conducted airstrikes on the settlements of Vilne Pole in the Donetsk Oblast, Malа Tokmacha in the Zaporizhzhia Oblast, and Stanislav in the Kherson Oblast. Additionally, they shelled the populated areas of Burlatske, Vilne Pole, Novopil in the Donetsk Oblast, Olhivske, Malynivka, Huliaypole, Zaliznychne, Huliaypilskyi, Bilohirya, Malа Tokmacha, Orikhiv, and Kamianske in the Zaporizhzhia Oblast, as well as the city of Kherson.
Recently, individuals who agreed to cooperate with Russian troops in the temporarily occupied territory of the Zaporizhzhia Oblast have been offered to document their renunciation of Ukrainian citizenship and accept Russian citizenship in written form. Those who refuse are threatened with dismissal from their jobs and further persecution.
In order to strengthen control over the population, operational groups from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) conduct raids at railway stations and bus stations in the temporarily occupied Crimea. Crimean Tatars are primarily targeted for verification.
During the day, the Air Force of Ukraine conducted 7 strikes on Russian personnel and military equipment concentration areas, as well as 7 strikes on Russian anti-aircraft missile systems.
Rocket and artillery units of Ukraine targeted a command post, 2 personnel concentration areas, 3 artillery units in firing positions, 2 radio-electronic warfare stations, and Russian ammunition depot throughout the day.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: General Staff operational report May 14, 2023 on the Russian invasion of Ukraine