The 427th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 26.04.2023.
The Russian Federation continues to violate the International Humanitarian Law, as it targets and shells the positions of Ukrainian troops and civilian infrastructure alike, terrorizing civilians.
During the day of April 26, Russian troops launched 3x missile strikes, 31x air strikes, and up to 26x MLRS attacks. The attacks caused casualties among civilians (both dead and wounded), and damage to private residential buildings and other civilian infrastructure.
The likelihood of missile and air strikes across Ukraine remains high.
Russian main efforts are the offensive operations on Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Marinka directions. 43x Russian attacks were repelled during the day of April 26. The fiercest fighting is for Bakhmut and Marinka.
All maps provided by War Mapper
- Volyn and Polissya directions: no significant changes. No signs of the formation of Russian offensive groups were found.
- Sivershchyna and Slobozhanshchyna directions: Russian troops remain stationed in the areas of Bryansk, Kursk, and Belgorod oblasts (Russia) bordering Ukraine. During the day of April 26, Russian soldiers fired artillery and mortars at Medvedivka, Halahanivka, Leonivka, Buda-Vorobivska, Hremyach (Chernihiv oblast), Znob-Trubchevska, Chernatske, Seredyna-Buda, Bachivsk, Sydorivka, Shptl, Mykolaivka (Sumy oblast), HurrivKozachok, Hlyboke, Oliinykove, and Zelene (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kupyansk direction: the Russian army fired artillery and mortars at the settlements of Kamyanka, Krasne Pershne, Novomlynsk, Lyman Pershyi, Kyslivka, Berestove (Kharkiv oblast), and Novoselivske (Luhansk oblast).
- Lyman direction: the Russian army did not conduct any offensive operations. Terny, Torske, Dibrova, Bilohorivka, Verkhnokamyanske, and Spirne (Donetsk oblast) came under artillery fire.
- Bakhmut direction: the Russian army continues its offensive operations. Heavy battles for the city of Bakhmut continue. In addition, Russian military conducted unsuccessful offensive operations towards the settlements of Orikhovo-Vasylivka and Ivanivske during the day of April 26. Vasyukivka, Zaliznyanske, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Novomarkove, Hryhorivka, Bakhmut, Chasiv Yar, Ivanivske, Predtechyne, Kostyantynivka, Dyliivka, Pivnichne, Pivdenne, and New York (Donetsk oblast) suffered from Russian shelling.
- Avdiivka direction: the Russian army attempted offensive operations in the vicinities of Avdiivka, Sjeverne, and Pervomaiske (Donetsk oblast), to no success. Russian troops shelled the settlements of Novokalynove, Berdychi, Lastochkyne, Avdiivka, Vodyane, Pervomaiske, Karlivka, and Nevelske (Donetsk oblast).
- Marinka direction: during the day of April 26, Ukrainian defenders repelled numerous Russian attacks in the vicinity of settlement of Marinka. Krasnohorivka, Heorhiivka, Marinka, Paraskoviivka, and Novomykhailivka (Donetsk oblast) were shelled by the Russian army.
- Shakhtarske direction: the Russian army did not conduct any offensive operations during the day of April 26. Russian military shelled the settlements of Bohoyavlenka, Novoukrainka, Shakhtarske, Prechystivka, and Vuhledar (Donetsk oblast).
- Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions: the Russian army continues to defend. At the same time, Russian soldiers shelled more than 30x settlements during the day of April 26, including Vremivka, Novopil (Donetsk oblast), Hulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Mala Tokmachka Novoandriivka, Kamyanske (Zaporizhzhia oblast), Beryslav, Kozatske, Tokarivka, Antonivka, Bilozerka, Berehove (Kherson oblast), and the city of Kherson.
During the day of April 26, Ukrainian Air Force launched 11x air strikes on the concentrations of Russian troops and military equipment. 1x Russian Supercam reconnaissance UAV was shot down.
Source: The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
See also: Ukrainian military destroyed tens of units of equipment as well as 10 Russian soldiers in the south