The Press Secretary of the White House Karine Jean-Pierre noted on January 6, 2023, that the US would provide Ukraine with a new defense support package worth more than $3 billion. It will be the largest as of today.
“Today, the United States will demonstrate our continued commitment to Ukraine’s self-defense capabilities by announcing more than $3 billion in new security assistance,” noted the White House Press Secretary.
Karine Jean-Pierre clarified that this amount includes the allocation of weapons by presidential order from the warehouses of the US Ministry of Defense in the amount of $2.8 billion.
In addition, according to the spokeswoman of the White House, the United States provides $285 million under the foreign military financing program to create long-term capabilities and modernize the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
According to the US Department of Defense this aid package will include:
- 50 Bradley infantry fighting vehicles with 500 TOW anti-tank missiles and 250,000 rounds of 25mm ammunition;
- 100 M113 Armored Personnel Carriers;
- 55 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles (MRAPs);
- 138 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs);
- 18 155mm self-propelled Howitzers and 18 ammunition support vehicles;
- 70,000 155mm artillery rounds;
- 500 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;
- 1,200 155mm rounds of Remote Anti-Armor Mine (RAAM) Systems;
- 36 105mm towed Howitzers and 95,000 105mm artillery rounds;
- 10,000 120mm mortar rounds;
- additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- RIM-7 missiles for air defense;
- 4,000 Zuni aircraft rockets;
- approximately 2,000 anti-armor rockets;
- sniper rifles, machine guns, and ammunition for grenade launchers and small arms;
- claymore anti-personnel munitions;
- night vision devices and optics;
- spare parts and other field equipment.