: :inin Kyiv (EET)

Terrorists break silence regime – General Staff chief


Two violations of the ceasefire regime were reported on December 9 in the area of Debaltseve where separatists shelled the positions of Ukrainian troops twice.
Chief of the General Staff and Commander-in-Chief of the Ukrainian Armed Forces Viktor Muzhenko said this at a press conference on Tuesday, an Ukrinform correspondent reported.
“From 10.00 on December 9, in line with the implementation of a peace plan by Ukrainian President and Supreme Commander-in-Chief Petro Poroshenko, we introduced a ceasefire regime, the so-called silence regime,” he said.
Muzhenko said that the silence regime had not been introduced unilaterally “This process is common for one and for the other side, and we reserve the right to adequately respond to certain violations of the regime.”
He also said that 192 Ukrainian servicemen had been killed in the area of the anti-terrorist operation since September 5. He said that he personally felt guilty for all the losses in Donbas.

News and Summaries

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!