Some wealthy people from the occupied territories of Donbas have fled, not to Crimea but to Montenegro, deputy head of the Security Service of Ukraine (2014-2015) Viktor Yahun said on air of TV Channel 5 during the discussion table titled ”Russia`s role in coups d`etat in Montenegro, Transnistria, and Moldova”.
”At the rallies in Montenegro, there were flags of the ”DPR” and ”LPR”. There are plenty of natives of Luhansk and Donetsk region, who have money but don`t want to support that what they had stirred up there [in the east of Ukraine],” said Yahun.
”See, they have not fled to Crimea. They moved to Montenegro, and there are still there. There is plenty of evidence that they`re transferring money there, there is also information on other things… On our part, we handed this information over [to the Montenegro authorities] because they used the Ukrainian passports,” said Yahun.
As UNIAN reported earlier, November 6, the Montenegro authorities stated it was the Russian nationalists who stood behind an attempt to seize power in the country during the parliamentary elections last month. The perpetrators also plotted to assassinate Prime Minister Milo Djukanovic.