The 246th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 27.10.2022.
The Russian army is trying to hold the temporarily captured territories, concentrates efforts on restraining the actions of the Defense Forces of Ukraine in certain directions, while at the same time not stopping offensive operations in the Bakhmut and Avdiivka directions.
During the day, Russian troops carried out three airstrikes and launched three MLRS attacks from rocket salvo systems.
In the Volyn and Polissya directions, the situation remains without significant changes. The Republic of Belarus continues to support the armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine, providing its territory, airspace and infrastructure. There is still a threat of missile and air strikes, including the use of attack UAVs.
Russian soldiers shelled in other directions:
- the Slobozhanskyi direction – from the territory of the Russian Federation, using different types of artillery, in the areas of Chuhunivka, Strilecha, Dvorichna, Kamianka, Krasne, Starytsa settlements;
- in the Kupyansk direction – from tanks, mortars, barrel and rocket artillery, in the areas of Berestov, Kislivka and Figolivka settlements;
- in the Lyman direction – from tanks and artillery of various calibers, in the areas of Makiivka, Terny, Torske, Yampolivka, Spirne, Nevske and Zarichne settlements;
- in the Bakhmut direction – from tanks, mortars, barrel and rocket artillery, in the areas of Andriivka, Bakhmut, Bakhmutske, Kramatorsk, Soledar and Yakovlivka settlements;
- in the Avdiivka direction, Russia inflicted fire damage from mortars, barrel and rocket artillery in the areas of Avdiivka, Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, Novomykhailivka, and Pervomaiske.
On the Novopavlivskyi and Zaporizhzhia directions, Russian military launched artillery fire in the areas of Bilohirya, Vremivka, Zaliznychne, Novopol, Novosilka, Olhivskyi, and Orihiv.
Areas of more than 15 settlements near the contact line were affected by fire in the South Buh direction.
The issue of material and technical support of units of the Russian forces, which take direct part in hostilities on the territory of Ukraine, remains problematic. Thus, according to available information, the lack of warm clothes led to an increase in the number of cases of theft and looting by servicemen of the armed forces of the Russian Federation in the temporarily occupied territory of the Kherson oblsast.
Mobilized military personnel who arrived in the area to perform combat missions did not undergo appropriate training and lack practical skills in the use of basic types of weapons. This leads to significant losses of enemy manpower.
The unsatisfactory condition of the military equipment that was removed from storage and arrived to replenish current losses was the result of rare cases of desertion and surrender of Russian troops to the Defense Forces of Ukraine. According to preliminary information, a significant part of the weapons and military equipment that Russian military sent to the Donetsk and Novopavliv directions are of limited or completely unsuitable for combat use. In particular, we are talking about T-62 tanks removed from long-term storage.
During the previous days, the destruction of two ammunition warehouses and a pontoon crossing with military equipment of the Russian army in the Kherson oblast was confirmed.
The aviation of the Defense Forces of Ukraine, of the current day, made 14 strikes on the areas of concentration of manpower, weapons and military equipment of Russian soldiers. During the day, air defense units shot down Russian helicopter and a plane – according to preliminary information, a Ka-52 “Alligator” and a Su-25 attack aircraft.
Units of rocket troops and artillery of Ukraine hit two areas of concentration of manpower, weapons and military equipment of Russian troops.