KIEV: The Ukrainian presidency said its website had been attacked by Russia in apparent retaliation for Kiev’s decision to block prominent Moscow-based social networks.
“We have been witnessing the Russian response to the president’s decree about closing access to Russian social networks,” President Petro Poroshenko’s deputy administration chief Dmytro Shymkiv said in a statement posted late on Tuesday on Facebook.
“The president’s website has sustained an organised attack.”
Shymkiv added that IT specialists had the situation under control and that the website was no longer under threat. It was accessible on Wednesday in Kiev.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov called Kiev’s accusations unfounded.
“The absence of …read more
Source: The News International