KIEV: The Ukrainian presidential administration said its website had been attacked by Russia in apparent retaliation for Kiev’s decision to block prominent Russian social networks.
“We have been witnessing the Russian response to the president’s decree about closing access to Russian social networks,” President Petro Poroshenko’s deputy administration chief Dmytro Shymkiv said in a statement posted late Tuesday on Facebook.
“The president’s website has sustained an organized attack.”
Shymkiv added that IT specialists had the situation under control and that the website was no longer under threat.
The website was accessible on Wednesday morning in Kiev.
There was no immediate response to Kiev’s accusation from …read more
Source: The Manila Times