: :inin Kyiv (EET)

Court rejects defense`s appeal over confiscation of ”Yanukovych assets”


The Donetsk Regional Appeals Court has refused to commence proceedings regarding the confiscation of $1.5 billion on the appeal of the team of lawyers, representatives of non-resident companies of ex-president Viktor Yanukovych`s criminal organization, according to the Prosecutor General`s Office of Ukraine.

However, the PGO has not yet received the court judgment, the agency wrote on Facebook.

Earlier, a court ruling to transfer $1.5 billion seized from the accounts of former president Viktor Yanukovych and his allies came into force on April 28.

On the same day, Ukraine`s Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko said that in late February, the Kramatorsk city court decided to confiscate these funds since no one had appealed against the court ruling within a month.

Previously, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said the money confiscated from Yanukovych and his team would be used primarily to strengthen the Ukrainian army.

UaPositon

UaPositon

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!